• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Voiceover changes at WDRC-FM?

KML0224

Star Participant
I noticed that Jerry Kristopher did the legal ID on the top of the hour just now. What happened to the other voice guy? ???

Bill Rock had been doing DRC-FM's imaging for awhile. I also noticed a handful of subtile changes in the morning so it's hard (at least for me) to speculate what they may plan on doing.

I've heard alternating voice on the legal IDs on the AM station as well. Sometimes it's the same guy they've always had and other times it's someone else. I didn't pay close enough attention to hear who it is.

At least each station is individually ID'd unlike some of the other stations such as WMNR and WNPR which run networks of stations.

"You're listening to The Talk of Connecticut WDRC AM 1360 Hartford"
"You're listening to The Talk of Connecticut WSNG AM 610 Torrington".
"You're listening to The Talk of Connecticut WWCO AM 1240 Waterbury"
"You're listening to The Talk of Connecticut WMMW AM 1470 Meriden"

Of course the ID isn't legal. There is no - AM suffix. I think to make it legal it should be 1360 AM, 610 AM, 1240 AM, 1470 AM.

The AM station also still has the same VoiceOver guy begging for advertisers. "You're listening to Dr. Joy Browne on WWCO AM 1240 and so are your potential customers. Call 860-243-1115 to advertise here."

DJ Jim Wayne said:
Bill DeFelice said:
Bill Rock had been doing DRC-FM's imaging for awhile.
Don't you know the legendary Charlie Tuna when you hear him?!?!?

Yes I do, considering I have a great collection of audio and video airchecks of the man. It's just I haven't listened to DRC-FM's imaging (or at least the top of the hour ID) in quite a while. Bill Rock had been doing the top of the hour ID and other station imaging for awhile prior to the change, so I guess they are getting around to updating things up there.

DJ Jim Wayne said:
I think the change took place late last Friday or Saturday. . .

And now Charlie Tuna's syndicated "'70s Show" has replaced whatever voicetracked local talent had been handling Sunday nights.

CTListener said:
And now Charlie Tuna's syndicated "'70s Show" has replaced whatever voicetracked local talent had been handling Sunday nights.

That would be Rockin' Ron Sedaile. He was doing his all-request show 7-Midnite on Saturdays and doing a regular albeit VTed shift 6PM-Midnite on Sundays. Now he's just doing the all-request show.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom