• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

QYK

Hall probably enjoys a profitable operation and knows it's best not to dabble in Tampa or Orlando. And technically speaking, Orlando is the direction they'd probably move with 97.5. It's far superior in Orlando than it is in Tampa Bay. Now as far as Max 98.3.... If they'd simply put a better effort into that station they'd probably profit even more; but that's another story.... Skip would probably cost them more than what they budget now, so they'd have to make that up somewhere for it to be worth it. So, why mess with a good thing? They already dominate Polk County with 97 Country and market research probably shows that hiring someone like Skip would probably cost them more than it's worth. That's what it comes down too.

Let "Max" be "Max"...I mean, where else would you hear "Cowboy" by Kid Rock followed by "Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack?

I'd stand pat being a tweener serving the ever growing metropolis of "Orlampa".....

billalm said:
Hall probably enjoys a profitable operation and knows it's best not to dabble in Tampa or Orlando. And technically speaking, Orlando is the direction they'd probably move with 97.5. It's far superior in Orlando than it is in Tampa Bay. Now as far as Max 98.3.... If they'd simply put a better effort into that station they'd probably profit even more; but that's another story.... Skip would probably cost them more than what they budget now, so they'd have to make that up somewhere for it to be worth it. So, why mess with a good thing? They already dominate Polk County with 97 Country and market research probably shows that hiring someone like Skip would probably cost them more than it's worth. That's what it comes down too.
98.3 had a much better signal here in Sa-ra-so-ta! with 3kw, but when they moved north from Arcadia, we lost them. I've often wondered if it was worth the move. They increased their signal strength 9x's, but did they reap the benefits of the cost? They are still with the WWRZ calls years after they switched from "The Rose" to "The Max". Usually an indication to me that the station management doesn't have much faith in the new format or imaging.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

DToTheJ said:
Hall Communications is one of the few revered radio companies to work for - I only say that based on looking at their New London, CT cluster - and I'm sure Skip would fit in well on PCV, but considering it's technically Winter Haven, would be consider it a "step backward" from Tampa?

See, that where your incorrect. WPCV is located on Lime Street, in DOWNTOWN LAKELAND! Now if they can just get rid of Bob and Tom and their genius PD, they might be halfway decent. Lord knows that they have one helluva frequency range! I cana get them in West Palm Beach and past Daytona!

Pursuit Electronics said:
See, that where your incorrect. WPCV is located on Lime Street, in DOWNTOWN LAKELAND! Now if they can just get rid of Bob and Tom and their genius PD, they might be halfway decent. Lord knows that they have one helluva frequency range! I cana get them in West Palm Beach and past Daytona!

The transmitter is in the general vicinity of Winter Haven.

They are a country station and they do not carry Bob & Tom. Their morning show is Roger, Tom and Melissa.

Parttimer said:
Pursuit Electronics said:

The transmitter is in the general vicinity of Winter Haven.

They are a country station and they do not carry Bob & Tom. Their morning show is Roger, Tom and Melissa.
The transmitter for 97.5 is east of Haines City.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom