• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rush Limbaugh admitted to Hospital in Hawaii with chest pains

Look for further news....Rush is on vacation until Jan 4.
Kit Carson, Rush's chief of staff, offered no further details as to his condition except that he is resting comfortably.
No information is available about any change of plans to return to the air Jan 4th.

word has it on an industry message board that this whole thing is a stunt designed to pump up Rush's rates for some new network thing he's doing, that's why the hospital and the radio network atr laying low..
when it's revealed to be a lie, they don't want their hands dirty

I suppose it was just a gas attack. Perhaps he needs the microphone to maintain his constitution,
and not being on the air is likely more stressful to him than being on the air. I suspect he is a workaholic
and such people do not vacation well, they've had and have little time to learn how to relax properly.
After enough years of really throwing your life at something you really want to do as your profession, if you love it,
you forget how to slack off. I wish him well, and hope he has reflected on many things in the past hours.

I believe his show could be three times as popular and do more good if he became truly objective.
There's a way to be objective and work from a point of deciding the things we AGREE on first, then work on the rest....
That would NOT be the profitable model or "show" that it is now, but I think it would be less stressful for Rush,
and would do more to advance the ideals Rush holds.

All civilized decent people have ideals....which sometimes get lost or clouded over by the pragmatic (or dogmatic ) things in their lives.

Louis Farrakan had a blinding flash of clarity and wisdom and changed his tune a few years back.

Not until we can see past our disagreements do we see how much we all have in common.

I still hold hope that Rush can find a way to direct his own viewpoint and that of others to a more helpful, less antagonistic mode.
Otherwise he will continue preaching to the choir and become less and less relevant.

You can't convince your "opponents" of anything while poking them in the eye.
They'll be too busy defending themselves for any benefit to be realized.

rush's faked heart attack didn't work as well as he thought, so now he's gone full hog racist with the hatian disaster, he's doing howard stern material,only unlike howard, it's not funny;
it's ugly,the last gasp of a big fat bloated pig who should, if there is a God, suffer a full blown heart attack, for real this time...make more room for beck...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom