• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The worst commercials in TV history..

Add that stupid, You Got Something Blue, Something Borrowed, and We got to give you something Old. It's a DSL Modem, nothings older than DSL internet. You know you don't have to settle, EXCUSE ME? for outdated internet Time Warner Commercial.

And those stupid E Insurance commercials, I'll unfriend you... That's not how this works.

And

Tonight I am having lunch with Megan tomorrow, who? Megan my coworker who? GEICO commercial.

The debt bats Consolidated Credit pop ups on the Music Choice channels don't really bother me. Now I don't see them anymore since I canceled cable, and I can listen to Music Choice without cable.

Too many to list now.
Sprint's horrible "Framily" dancing to some dance/techno crap. Seriously, go away "FRAMILY!" I want to hear a pin drop, like the 1990s!
Progressive "The Birds and the Bundles" - a car talks to a house (WTH?) and cuts right to Flo at the end. Horrible, they should be ashamed of themselves.
Progressive "Price Tag Alert" - worthless piece of crap. Flo needs to be taken away instead of that worker guy. And she should be taken away to headquarters where they announce she's fired from her commercial work!
State Farm's "blah blah insurance person come help!" is back! Hate it.
Piece of crap Fiat commercials with techno and dance music.
Dish Network's Hopper ad where the two kids are fighting over the iPad in the back seat. That stupid mother should have pulled over and taken it away, giving them a stern warning. Some mothers are so stupid nowadays.
Charter Communications continues to annoy the hell out of me every weekday from morning till night on the local Yakima channels with that stupid "855-755-2999" ad. Hate those "cable" angels. They've done this for months on end.

-crainbebo

If they go out of business I will be pi$$ed. They are about the only place with radio parts nowadays. I bought my "now passed away" Grundig G5 from there in 2007. It died about two weeks ago after 7 years of service. I also bought my Grundig G8 from there and some parts.

-crainbebo

If they go out of business I will be pi$$ed. They are about the only place with radio parts nowadays. I bought my "now passed away" Grundig G5 from there in 2007. It died about two weeks ago after 7 years of service. I also bought my Grundig G8 from there and some parts.

-crainbebo

Every time I go there I always get deer in the headlights looks. Do you have them? Maybe. Will you have them? I don't know. Maybe.
You used to have them.

Radio shack used to carry coaxial bulk cable, now they don't.
I don't want another cell phone. Nor do you need my zip code for me to purchase batteries.
At least ebay has the parts that I need.
500 feet of coaxial cable for under $23. RG 6 grade too. Thanks to the folks at Phat Satellite.

Dating site commercials. Given what we know about all that happens online, why not just advertise, "We rustle up the predators, so you don't have to.". Then again, the "Christian Mingle" site that says, "Sometimes God is saying it's your turn to act.". Trust me, any time God wants something royally screwed up, He will tell me to go out on my own and manage it. I read that a young woman found her very own predator on that site.

Or the "Our Time" commercial with the smoky eye, jaundiced looking cougar and the cad talking about how she's a cooker - and all the photos set up like a regular family deal that has been together forever, just put that spacial touch on it all. Do these people know no shame? Seriously.

Children used to promote that other one. What is it, eharmony or some such? Enough already.

Never been to one, never will go to one.

Dating site commercials. Given what we know about all that happens online, why not just advertise, "We rustle up the predators, so you don't have to.". Then again, the "Christian Mingle" site that says, "Sometimes God is saying it's your turn to act.". Trust me, any time God wants something royally screwed up, He will tell me to go out on my own and manage it. I read that a young woman found her very own predator on that site.

Or the "Our Time" commercial with the smoky eye, jaundiced looking cougar and the cad talking about how she's a cooker - and all the photos set up like a regular family deal that has been together forever, just put that spacial touch on it all. Do these people know no shame? Seriously.

Children used to promote that other one. What is it, eharmony or some such? Enough already.

Never been to one, never will go to one.

eHarmony is the one with the kid that I'm guessing is supposed to be founder Neil Clark Warren's granddaughter. I agree; can't stand any of those dating site ads, but especially loathe with a passion that particular eHarmony commercial.

Aspen Dental - Ladies at the front desk laughing at the man asking "excuse me, do your dentures have a guarantee?" Stupid.
Some horrible AM/PM Gas Station commercial I see on Mariners games with this auctioneer loud mouth at the coffee area. Stupid as well.

-crainbebo

Re a few of the worst commercials I mentioned a while back:

The one with the two women in the green-and-white van who do silly things like trying to sing opera is for DriveTime, and I don't even know what that company does.

I think that's Progressive, and not Geico, that has the "boots and pants" pig. I still don't get the point.

Tatum and Atkinson is the name of the law firm in Raleigh that uses "the heavy hitters" jingle in this area. Until somebody mentioned a firm in the Pacific Northwest that uses that jingle, I didn't know it's apparently a franchised thing, not unlike those Frank Gari jingles stations around the country use (like Gannett's "This Is Home").

New note:

I'm not sold on that "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" commercial either. In fact, I don't even like Time Warner Cable's commercials because I don't trust them. My dad and stepmother have the TWC bundle and are constantly losing either the cable, the phone, or both, and TWC's answer to the problem is to come and poke around the house for an hour or two...then they're lucky if they find the problem. Just shows you get what you pay for.

"The Heavy Hitter" in Yakima is Mariano Morales - 853-2222. He has several ads now. One is Mariano and this talking 18-wheeler. Another is Mariano driving a race car. A 3rd commercial was already mentioned - Mariano vs. a monster robot nightmare guy taking over a car. Incredibly stupid.

-crainbebo

There is an "As Seen On TV" commercial for Dump Cake Pans, in which a woman shows all of these unappetizing recipes, with instruction to, "Just dump and bake". Perhaps you had to be there, but I simply cannot imagine inviting people for dinner and trying to explain the entree.

There is an "As Seen On TV" commercial for Dump Cake Pans, in which a woman shows all of these unappetizing recipes, with instruction to, "Just dump and bake". Perhaps you had to be there, but I simply cannot imagine inviting people for dinner and trying to explain the entree.

It does almost allude to someone squatting over a pan before putting it in the oven.

That is exactly what I saw - stupid telemarketers dancing about Charter, singing "844-455-2999" about 5 times and telling everyone about how good their TV is. YEAH right. My Charter "Spectrum" sucks! I don't know how many times a day the channels will freeze up for a few seconds. I'd rather go the satellite way but then Charter will bug me, phone and mail, saying "Come back! We miss you!" Yeah right!
I also HATE many of these back-to-school ads this year. K-mart's rapping lunch ladies, ShopKo's "Hashtag Done!" and Staples "Do the Shopping Cart". Bunch of trash.

-crainbebo

How about Cox's "Only Cox Can Say" ads (as in "AT&T has the farcest Einternewt") and especially the one where the house lights up when the guy sings "LA!!!!!!!!!!" for what seems like forever.

Progressive and Geico use the same ad agency (Martin?).
I'm tired of that fake-German "Hans Strudel" kid, and the jingle for My Pillow.com that sounds like the old Empire carpet jingle.

Back
Top Bottom