• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What do you think of this format?

joshzz

Star Participant
I found a syndicated program format that looks quite interesting - Never heard of a format like this but personally I think it could be a winner. It's called Cheezy FM - corny name but I think it fits.

Do you think this would be a winner in any market?

http://www.cheezyfm.com/audiodemo.html

Seems like a weird mix of one-hit-wonders (which I would prefer as a brand) and music that wasn't heard everywhere (at least I didn't recognize a goodly number of them).

It looks like a subscription service and, as such, doubt it will sell.

very clever.........I alway like clever programming, nice packaging, good mix from baja men to abba to captain and tenille. With so many free bartered shows available, might be had to sell at those prices.

Awful. What do all those songs have in common? I hate each and every one of them.

This must be a joke.

Supposedly, according to the sellers of the format-- many people will say they hate this format but secretly love it. .. Admittedly, I kind of like it myself though I wouldn't shout it from the rooftops. :p josh

I went back and gave It another listen, It is a thousand % pure Bubble Gum Station of 60's - 90's, that the only common thread....hey, alot of people don't like Bubble Gum Music. I'm with Josh it's entertaining, Its different, It's a breathe of fresh air. It's a nice supplement to "Rich Brothers", Diana "J" Golden Oldies, and "Hits Of Yesteryear" , my three favorites Oldies Station on the net. Again, will It sell..........they pick up a few National ads, and they go bartered .....you just never know.

Cheezy FM seems like a good show to run 6a-10a on Saturday on a classic hits station. Not a 24/7 format.

Now I see it's an advertiser on this board. So they're serious. My serious suggestion is to at least remix the demo, and mix the voice better with the music. And in the process, explain to me why this format is worth $10,000 a month. It's not like this music is unavailable. I can do it myself for free.

I think that's just the starting rate but I'm pretty certain they're negotiable.

Sometime ago I called another company similar to Radio Branding Solutions that offered a variety of syndicated formats. By the time it was all said and done the salesman had cut the price to about 1/3 of his original quote.. Much to the dismay of the salesman I declined his price invitation for the format. josh

But as I said, why pay when I can do it myself for free? You can't copyright an idea. A lot of stations created their own Jack a few years ago. If all you're selling is music and some imaging, anyone can do it for free.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom