Re: Best songs on today's country radio

More

Jake Owen-Don't Think I Can't Love You

Fun tunes
    Jonathan Singleton and the Grove-Livin' in Paradise
    Toby Keith-American Ride
    Toby Keith-Get Drunk and Be Somebody

-crainbebo
    731 AM's in the log, 536 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KZTR-LP 103.5 Yakima, WA; 11/21/16
    Last New AM Log: 1460 KCNR Shasta, CA; 12/26/16

Quote Originally Posted by Jay F
    Quote Originally Posted by PTBoardOp94
    People are Crazy is by Currington, not Bently
    Yes it is and it's one of my favorites. I love the lyric about leaving the 6 pack on the old mans grave.
    Oops. I used to be real good at matching songs with artists in my younger days. Guess all that Jack Daniels does kill brain cells.

Hank Williams Jr.-Red, White, and Pink Slip Blues

-crainbebo
    731 AM's in the log, 536 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KZTR-LP 103.5 Yakima, WA; 11/21/16
    Last New AM Log: 1460 KCNR Shasta, CA; 12/26/16

Quote Originally Posted by sdh483
    Marinda Lambert still amazes me - "Gunpowder and Lead" is a great song, "Big Green Tractor" by Jason Aldean is growing on me, and "Cleaning this Gun" by Rodney Atkins is still a favorite of mine - that will be me in 17 years : ;D.

Honerable mention goes out to "Here Comes Goodbye" by Rascal Flats simply for not going extreme pop on this song and "It's America" by Rodney Adkins for leaving politics out of the song.
    Miranda Lambert, Jason Aldean and Rascal Flatts shouldn't be mentioned here.

This is a thread for those of use who think country radio is garbage but admit there are still a few good songs left.

These three have proved they are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vchimpanzee
    Marinda Lambert still amazes me - "Gunpowder and Lead" is a great song, "Big Green Tractor" by Jason Aldean is growing on me, and "Cleaning this Gun" by Rodney Atkins is still a favorite of mine - that will be me in 17 years : ;D.

Honerable mention goes out to "Here Comes Goodbye" by Rascal Flats simply for not going extreme pop on this song and "It's America" by Rodney Adkins for leaving politics out of the song.

This is a thread for those of use who think country radio is garbage but admit there are still a few good songs left.

No, that's a different thread. This one is called "BEST songs on today's country radio".

I do love Miranda Lambert myself. She is one of my favorite newer artists. Her songs are modern and contemporary, yet if you really listen they are also country to the core. Her songs can be rough around the edges but that's a slice of American life many can relate to, plus she's so cute that she can pull it off. Her anger comes across as more sassy than offensive.

No, that's a different thread. This one is called "BEST songs on today's country radio".
    Where is that thread? I didn't know if you could even name a thread "For those of you who think country radio is garbage, what are the few songs that are actually good?" Maybe they will let you have a title that long. Anyway, this is explained in the first post.

People Are Crazy - Billy Currington
    Sissy's Song - Alan Jackson
    Radio Waves - Eli Young Band
    Barefoot And Crazy - Jack Ingram
    What I'm For - Pat Green
    Toes - Zac Brown Band
    Alright - Darius Rucker
    Don't Think I Don't Think About It - Darius Rucker
    It Won't Be Like This For Long - Darius Rucker
    Gettin' You Home - Chris Young
    Whatever It Is - Zac Brown Band
    Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band
    I Just Call You Mine - Martina McBride

Quote Originally Posted by vchimpanzee

I do love Miranda Lambert myself. She is one of my favorite newer artists. Her songs are modern and contemporary, yet if you really listen they are also country to the core. Her songs can be rough around the edges but that's a slice of American life many can relate to, plus she's so cute that she can pull it off. Her anger comes across as more sassy than offensive.
    Nope, just offensive.

Speaking of offensive. "8 Second Ride" by Jake Owen is somewhat offensive to me. Not that I'm a prude. But this song sounds animalistic to me. I am tired of the hookup culture. I miss country singers who had traditional family values such as Paul Overstreet.

Let's compare "8 Second Ride" to a classic country song about a man picking up a woman in a bar "The Chair" by George Strait. These songs give me totally different vibes and I FAR prefer the George Strait song. "The Chair" is a sweet song. The story draws you in and George comes across as so likeable, a humble cowboy who is a true gentleman. Jake Owen comes across as an extremely dominant alpha male and a master PUA. the woman character in the song sounds like she is being driven by her primitive hindbrain.

Jay F,

I agree with you about the traditional values thing. I do play Paul Overstreet - songs like "Sowin' Love," etc.

As far as Jake Owen - I passed on "8 Second Ride," yet "Don't Think I Can't Love You" is still on our playlist.

Our station has definitely moved to the more positive side of country.
    &quot;Big D Country&quot;<br />Tallahassee&#039;s hometown station playing country and classic country music:<br />http://www.live365.com/stations/alanmccall<br /><br />http://www.facebook.com/bigdradio<br /><br />http://www.bigdcountry.com

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast