• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best songs on today's country radio

^^^ I am surprised that the #1 song isn't "I Met A Girl" from new singer William Michael Morgan. That song has been played to death in my area. His new song though has just been released, I heard it yesterday, and I love it! It couldn't be anymore traditional. Go here to check it out! :) :) :)

God bless you and William Michael always!!!

Holly

I am normally not a big Luke Bryan fan, but in my opinion, his new song named "Fast" is a song to be proud of. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

“Holdin Her” by Chris Janson is my favorite song on the Top 50 chart right now. Second place would be “Outskirts Of Heaven” by Craig Campbell.

^^^ Thank you for loving the "Holding Her" song. My most favorite singer had a hand in its writing.

God bless you and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

The new song from Big & Rich named "California" in my opinion is a good one. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Is anyone here running across the new song from Trace Adkins named "Watered Down"? So far two stations in my area is playing it, WXBQ and WLNQ that is and I am so glad! I love Trace! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of Trace)

So far I have not liked a single song on country radio in 2017. In fact I can't even listen anymore.

The only one I enjoy is 'The Fighter' Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood/busbee. Not that it sounds country whatsoever, but it definitely sounds like something that could do well on the Adult Contemporary charts. Interesting, throwback sound to it.
Otherwise, today's country sounds like a pile of crap to me. 95% of the country I listen to is pre-2000. Much better music, better artists (even though older country fans were sick of Garth Brooks) and not as much idiocy. Today's country consists of a few love songs and a ton of songs about mudding it up, jacking it up, partying it up, translate that into 'being idiots and getting in trouble with the law'. Different singers, very similar lyrics.

Otherwise, today's country sounds like a pile of crap to me. 95% of the country I listen to is pre-2000.

Which is demographically appropriate for your age. Today's country radio is aimed mainly at women 25 to 49, with the bulk of it aiming at the 25-34 sweet spot. If you're older than that, it's likely that the music doesn't resonate. You're correct that in the 90s, some older country fans didn't like Garth or Shania. Today, they're revered as legends.

Which is demographically appropriate for your age. Today's country radio is aimed mainly at women 25 to 49, with the bulk of it aiming at the 25-34 sweet spot. If you're older than that, it's likely that the music doesn't resonate. You're correct that in the 90s, some older country fans didn't like Garth or Shania. Today, they're revered as legends.
By some. I still feel the same way now as I did then about both artists. Individual songs by each are good, and then there are some songs by both artists I don't care for and would have a hard time accepting on "classic" country radio.

The following are also what I think are the best right now.

"All About You"-Josh Turner
"No Such Thing As A Broken Heart"-Old Dominion
"Craving You"-Thomas Rhett
"She's With Me"-High Valley
"I Worship The Woman You Walked On"-Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
I just heard "Need You Now' by Lady Antebellum on the Muzak in my grocery store. I think the major complaint about this one was that it was played too much. It actually has good harmony and even a steel guitar (and that steel guitar is still there on a Hot AC format, or at least what I was told was Hot AC when I described what I heard on another site). My only objection is a screaming guitar at one point.

Has anyone here heard "Make A Little" yet from the new act named Midland? To me, this song couldn't be anymore traditional! Go here to check it out!

God bless you and this new three male act always!!!

Holly

The new song from Jon Pardi named "She Ain't In It" is a good one.

Holly

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom