• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KALI 106.3?

I'm a big fan of KROQ and I live in the O.C. but sometimes the signal from Vietnamese 106.3 bleeds into 106.7 which annoys me at times. But then I checked the Arbitron ratings and I saw that KALI doesn't have a spot, I also checked the Radio Locator coverage map and KALI has coverage of most of the OC and South LA, does anyone know more about that station?

106.3 was a contemporary christian music station before the Vietnamese bought it.

they must operate on a very tight budget to be around this long. Most stations aren't making money in this economy but KALI has been Vietnamese for some time. I think in it's earlier days just before it flipped from contemp. christian KYMS, they had some Japanese and Hindi programming as well.

Neel Mehta said:
they must operate on a very tight budget to be around this long. Most stations aren't making money in this economy but KALI has been Vietnamese for some time. I think in it's earlier days just before it flipped from contemp. christian KYMS, they had some Japanese and Hindi programming as well.

It's one of Art Liu's stations, which are run frugally and program time is sold to third parties. I'd just guess, with no knowlege, that they are cash flow about a million... even now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom