• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Player 101

And just for the record out of all the products I have used Player101 is the easiest to use. At least for me. :)

Here is my opinion on the subject:

Player101 is not nexgen nor have there ever been any claims (to my knowledge) that it was nexgen. I have seen similar posts on forums where users have the misconception that Player101 is NexGen (or a stripped-down version) but if you take a deep look, it is an entirely different automation system.

When I first used Player101, the only similarity to nexgen was the core automation engine. I firmly believe (and was told) that player101 was built on the same core concept as nexgen but it is not the same as nexgen. Player101 is targeted as being a cost-effective automation system, to be used with lower-cost off-the-shelf hardware for those with limited resources/budgets. I think as long as engineers and users remember this fact, player101 will work great. As I mentioned, I have never encountered a problem with player101.

Although I feel Calavan888 mentioned nexgen and how much better it was, I don't think he made a direct comparison to nexgen. NexGen is the cream-of-the-crop when it comes to automation systems. It can do more and offers more than any other automation system, hands down. There should be no comparison between nexgen and player101, each is a different class of automation system.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom