• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

JRL

I wish Ric still had the simulcast with WJOB AM 1230 in Hammond. He really seems to care about the station,
and the quality of it's programming. I live close to 1390's tower's which makes it hard for me to pick up WIMS
until I get into the south suburbs.

WJOB comes in where I live, but, their audio is so bad, that you have to have the car radio cranked up to about
40 to hear the voices, and that's within site of their tower. It is very bad processing on their part along with the
fact that they are a graveyard station. I have listened to this station since they were a music station at night.
They have never sounded this bad. It's a shame they used to be a really great local station, like so many other's
that have went away.

I have actually e-mailed them several times to ask if they are going to fix the problem. As you can guess those
letter's have gone unanswered.

TR1992 said:
I wish Ric still had the simulcast with WJOB AM 1230 in Hammond. He really seems to care about the station,
and the quality of it's programming. I live close to 1390's tower's which makes it hard for me to pick up WIMS
until I get into the south suburbs.

WJOB comes in where I live, but, their audio is so bad, that you have to have the car radio cranked up to about
40 to hear the voices, and that's within site of their tower. It is very bad processing on their part along with the
fact that they are a graveyard station. I have listened to this station since they were a music station at night.
They have never sounded this bad. It's a shame they used to be a really great local station, like so many other's
that have went away.

I have actually e-mailed them several times to ask if they are going to fix the problem. As you can guess those
letter's have gone unanswered.

The only option you have with WIMS is to listen on the internet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom