• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MAY 26TH WCFL'S BARNEY PIP'S BIRTHDAY

Pip at the WJMK reunion

Radio Truth, thank you for the heartfelt and informative report on Barney Pip. This fills in the details on whatever happened to one of Chicago's most loved DJs of that era. You sound like you were a true friend.

The night before the big WJMK reunion in 1985, they held a reception at a Lincoln Avenue bar and most of the jocks were there, including Barney. I got to meet him and talk to him briefly, so I'm very happy even for that little slice. There was a fellow George Castle who was involved with a new magazine, the "Chicago Radio Guide". In the first issue that came out a little later, a whole article was devoted to Barney, based on an interview that Castle did with Barney at that reception. (I can't get the "attach" option to work, else I'd attach it.)

I then taped all of the WJMK on-air reunion the next day.

AIRCHECKS: It's sad that very few airchecks of Barney at WCFL seem to exist! Radio Truth, do you have any that may not have circulated?

Kevin Killion

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom