Worst songs on country radio - Page 3
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst songs on country radio

Re: Worst songs on country radio

VChimp - maybe what you heard was "The Climb" by Miley "Hannah Montana" Cyrus? There is just no escaping that song right now, it's everywhere - CHR, AC, Hot AC, Country, and of course Cyrus' traditional stomping grounds, Radio Disney. Urban is about the only current-based format that ISN'T playing it.

These are the ones I like out of this list:

#1: Kenny Chesney-She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy (best song in all of country music!! I wished it got to the top 5, it only got to #11)

#9: Toby Keith-Should've been a Cowboy

#12: Eddie Rabbitt-I Love a Rainy Night (just a HIT!)
    #13: Alabama-I'm in a Hurry (And Don't Know Why)
    #14: Rodney Atkins-15 Minutes (FUN song!)

And I do agree with this.

Worst songs
    I really don't like She's country by Jason Aldean. HORRID ROCK!!!!

I'm not a fan of a lot of the pop country songs that are out right now. Gloriana "Wild at Heart" as well as Love and Theft "Runaway" are the two songs at the top of my list that aren't country. I'm not saying they are bad songs, or the groups aren't good, but they aren't my style and not what I want to hear on country radio. At the same time, I'm being a flip-flopper because I do kind of dig Taylor Swift. Yes she's played on every other station in the market, yes her songs are about teenage girls, but she WAS a teenage girl when she wrote them. I think if she gets a 14 year old girl to listen to country radio then that's a win for us. That 14 year old girl will now also hear Brad Paisley, George Strait, Alan Jackson, and maybe some old school Willie and Waylon.

Country music isn't what it was 30 years ago, nothing is. The key to country music is great songwriting. As long as guys like Radney Foster, Bruce Robison, and others are writing songs that make people feel an emotional connection, then the genre will always be what it was meant to be.

I must be one of the few that likes both traditional and pop sounding country. Even if "Wild At Heart" and "Runway" are more pop than country, they sound better and fresher to me than the Nickelback soundalike bands heard on Hot AC. I like the variety on country right now.

Taylor Swift is not only good for getting younger listeners to Country (although she can be heard just about everywhere) her songs are really good, I can't get enough of "You Belong With Me". Same thing with Miley's "The Climb".

Children's country is Miley, Taylor and Carrie. Every 12 year old girl would fall in love with Taylor Swift.

-crainbebo
    734 AM's in the log, 603 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: 7 new CA BCN Es logs, 7/11/2017 - see thread for details
    Last New AM Log: KUKI-1400 Ukiah, CA 3/26/17

Getting back to the worst songs, I heard one called "Holler Back".

There's another one that's not THAT bad but not good about Romeo and Juliet.

The key to knowing a song is bad is not knowing what type of station you are on. I mostly listen to an old radio in the kitchen that just as a red line that moves when I turn the knob. Sometimes I think I'm on the AC station when I'm really on the country station because I didn't happen to skip over another country station with a weak signal. And if I don't know the difference, then it ain't country.

That's by a band called "The Lost Trailers". A top-10 hit for them. Speaking of bad songs, Small Town USA by Justin Moore is so popular, it can air every 4 hours on my station.

-crainbebo

The bad word in Boots On is this:

"Damn this knuckle bustin'"

-crainbebo

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo
    That's by a band called "The Lost Trailers". A top-10 hit for them. Speaking of bad songs, Small Town USA by Justin Moore is so popular, it can air every 4 hours on my station.

-crainbebo
    For your typical hot/today's country station, how fast of a rotation do the biggest songs typically get? 4 hours seems a little light. Maybe 2 hours? What do you all see/hear?

Thanks.
    America's Country
    Hot Country Hits - LISTEN!

4-5 hours is the treatment current hits got when I was working a classic country station.

Looking at yes.com for WFMS/Indianapolis, they spun Paisley "Then" at 9am and 12n, which seems to be the strongest rotation over the past few hours. But WFMS plays about 3-4 currents per hour.

I then went to WSIX/Nashville. They also spun Paisly "Then" on a 3 hour rotation. They're pretty recurrent heavy, also.

WKDF/Nashville is more current-heavy and had McGraw "A business doing pleasure with you" on a 2 hour rotation.

WKHX/Atlanta seems to have its power currents also on a 3 hour rotation.

I'm not too familiar with any of these stations, so I don't know if they bill themselves as today's country or what.
    "Its music what makes a radio station, and at Live FM, we play the last music around."
    After receiving that copy, I quit the VO industry.

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast