• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Worst songs on country radio

This guy is a real country guy. You may not like his song, but he's as country as they come, and so is this song.

And country audiences love it. This song will be #1 on Monday, regardless of what you think.
It's not country. It could be. I heard it on a radio station that calls its music "Real Country", which is unfortunate.

Not my opinion. There is too much junk in it that keeps the song from sounding country. Once the junk is removed, it could pass for country.

To me, the song named "My Church" from new singer Maren Morris is an instant station changer for me.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Ever since his going forward last October, the late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal is all that I have been listening to when I am not listening to the radio stations, I love him SO much!!!

To me, "When The Lights Come On" from Jason Aldean is not one of his better songs.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. "The Truth" in my opinion is his best.

The newest song from that new girl singer named Maren Morris is an instant station changer for me as well as every song out there from Carrie Underwood, Kasey Musgraves, and Kelsi Ballerini.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Not in my opinion. To me, there is just no pep in that girl's voice to where she sounds boring.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Well, I like her style. In a lot of cases it's the instrumentals that go along with the voice that determine whether I will like it or not.

^^^ To me, the best of today's female crop is Cam, Lauren Alaina, and Jana Kramer, but when you compare today's female crop to who was played in the 90's, none of these new females really stand out. I miss Alison Krauss, LeAnn Rimes, and Tanya Tucker.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly (a fan of Tanya for 25 years now)

^^^ To me, the best of today's female crop is Cam, Lauren Alaina, and Jana Kramer, but when you compare today's female crop to who was played in the 90's, none of these new females really stand out. I miss Alison Krauss, LeAnn Rimes, and Tanya Tucker.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly (a fan of Tanya for 25 years now)
I like them too but LeAnn became a crossover singer at one point. She did a terrible pop-sounding song on some awards show years ago.

^^^ Even though she has released non country material, she has never left country music. To me, some of her best traditional country music is from her last album named Spit Fire.

God bless you and LeAnn always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of her)

Leann had some good songs in the 90's. One Way Ticket is still one of my favorites. I don't like any of her modern music though.

At this point in time I find New Country stations completely unlistenable.
You might like the new song from William Michael Morgan who is a newer singer to country music. In my opinion, it couldn't be anymore traditional. Go here to check it out! :) :) :)

God bless you and William Michael always!!!

Holly

Agreed Casey...I rarely ever listen to country music at all anymore, but if I do, it's always later classic country (1980s-early 2000s).

Agreed Casey...I rarely ever listen to country music at all anymore, but if I do, it's always later classic country (1980s-early 2000s).

I have another 2 month free sub to Siriusxm. Prime Country is pretty much the only station I listen to.

Last night I heard the new song from Sugarland for the first time named "Still The Same". To me, it doesn't even sound country and so I pass.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom