Worst songs on country radio
Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst songs on country radio

Worst songs on country radio

"She's Country" by Gary Aldean is the first song that comes to mind.

I don't care what the lyrics are. The song is pure rock. And way too loud.

Re: Worst songs on country radio

As mentioned in another thread: Sugarland It Happens

I'm getting burned on I told you So

not a big fan of chesney's out last night (why were there just 2 singles released from his last CD??)

not huge on Urban's Kiss a Girl
    America's Country
    Hot Country Hits - LISTEN!

any songs with bad words like Randy Houser "Boots On" ([beep] this knuckle bustin') or Courtesy of The Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith ('Cause we'll put a boot in your [beep]).

I am (kinda') a fan of Out Last Night by Kenny Chesney

Love She's Country by Jason Aldean (even if it's rock or whatever)

vchimpanzee, it's not Gary Aldean, it's Jason Aldean. You are probably thinkin' about Gary Allan.

-crainbebo
    731 AM's in the log, 536 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KZTR-LP 103.5 Yakima, WA; 11/21/16
    Last New AM Log: 1460 KCNR Shasta, CA; 12/26/16

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo
    any songs with bad words like Randy Houser "Boots On" ([beep] this knuckle bustin') or Courtesy of The Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith ('Cause we'll put a boot in your [beep]).

I am (kinda') a fan of Out Last Night by Kenny Chesney

Love She's Country by Jason Aldean (even if it's rock or whatever)

vchimpanzee, it's not Gary Aldean, it's Jason Aldean. You are probably thinkin' about Gary Allan.

-crainbebo
    I may have been thinking about him at the time, but I looked up the song and I thought I fixed his name.

It doesn't matter. Aldean is a name I think of when I think of bad music, regardless of the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by vchimpanzee
    "She's Country" by Gary Aldean is the first song that comes to mind.

I don't care what the lyrics are. The song is pure rock. And way too loud.
    I could'nt agree more. The song was okay at first, but after you hear it once, you don't wanna hear it again. The country station that I listen to plays the h*** out of it and I can't stand it!

The only song that's great by Jason Aldean is "Big Green Tractor". Way too much country!!

-crainbebo
    731 AM's in the log, 536 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KZTR-LP 103.5 Yakima, WA; 11/21/16
    Last New AM Log: 1460 KCNR Shasta, CA; 12/26/16

SchlitzBeer

Love and Theft - "Runaway"
    Carter Twins - "Heart Like Memphis"
    Catlin and Will - "Address in the Stars"

And these are just recent ones. This s^^t ain't country! It keeps getting worse..

I don't have a problem with some rock leaning songs on Country radio (just make sure to seperate them), but "She's Country" isn't that great of a song. Jason Aldean himself has had much better country rock songs in the past.

Maybe I'm too desensitized, but I can't recall offhand what the bad word is in "Boots On". I think it's an awesome song. I love it! It's has a rock sound to it, but the lyrics are pure country lifestyle. Randy Houser really does a great job delivering this song. He sounds so driven and passionate yet at the same time humble and very likeable. That's not always an easy balance. Country needs songs like this to keep men interested in the format.

I would also disagree about "Runaway". I think it's a great song and it's generating a lot of interest in younger demos. It doesn't stand out as being especially non-country sounding to me. It's less pop sounding than some Rascal Flatts songs are for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SchlitzBeer
    Love and Theft - "Runaway"
    Carter Twins - "Heart Like Memphis"
    Catlin and Will - "Address in the Stars"

And these are just recent ones. This s^^t ain't country! It keeps getting worse..
    I disagree with you on all three. "Runaway" is a great tune, The sound of the song may not be so country, but listen to the lyrics and thats when country comes in. Same thing with "Heart Like Memphis" and "Address The Stars". Country music today is no where near what it was thirty or fourty years ago (thank god). It has evolved into a sound similar to todays classic rock and pop. Wonder what country will be like in twenty years.

I couldn't care less about "good" lyrics and the country lifestyle. If it doesn't sound country, I don't want to hear it.

Unless it's on a pop station that I like. I don't get why "For the Good Times" by Ray Price is considered country, but I sure do like it. I heard it this morning.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast