• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking for information for IDT Soundstyle Processor

It was only a 5v supply, think I had to replace a couple of bits, it was a couple of years ago now and I bet someones been playing with the boards since I had it because I sent it back with the same systems, audio badly in one channel.

LOL@ the yogurt top and shampoo bottle, it's probably been used as a door stop!

And yes IDT support, pretty useless!

Is it fully functional now or still bad in one channel?

The processor is now fully functional in both channels,and works fine.
Idt must have done an upgrade on the eq/clipper boards as they fitted opamp buffers to the analogue sw ic,s.
These were the ones with small sub boards added to the analogue switches,you probably remember these 2 boards with these sub boards making the boards tighter to fit.

The audio is fine and clean on the o/p's but on the final o/p meters on the pc software control,you get the odd glitch like it is showing some random spike of noise.
This is only on the pc's program meter,not on the audio out,so at least it sounds right.

What i do not like is that you cannot get that fat bass sound on the bottom band like an Orban.
I have tried everything like slow attack/raised limiter threshold etc,so that the band 1 clipper is active a lot!

Oh well you cannot have it all!

I wish i could get hold of the stereo generator card,just to complete the processor.
I think i would have more chance of £10,000 being left in my post box though !

Paul.

Yeah, I think you'll need something in front of it to get the bass that you desire, shame that they are so rare as I've never even made a preset for one, I've helped many people out in getting the sound they want from the more popular boxes!

Glad you got it going though! Sounds like you know your stuff technically, I'm more of an Audio/Preset master.....

I've got an Omnia.FM kicking around somewhere that suddenly went wrong after being stored for 6 months, it won't boot up now and I haven't a clue when it comes to troubleshooting the software chips etc...it's not worth sending back to Omnia as I originally bought it in the same circumstances you bought the IDT.... have you had any experience with something like this? :)

Will the omnia not power up at all? Check all the cables and those little ribbon connectors as well as the card in the back.Otherwise appears to be a power supply issue.I;ve used every model Omnia ever made,never had issues with them.Last boot problem was due to UPS being less than fragile with it.Always write"Fragile, Throw Underhand" when dealing with UPS.

I have limited experience with that type of equipment,more of an analogue man myself.
I know exactly what you mean regarding old gear being worth sending off back to be repaired.
The problem with myself is that i tend to buy faulty gear and repair it,and if it is digital i have taken a chance and bought it and then either used it for spares or repaired it some months/years later,or in some cases binned it after 5+ years!

If you are interested in selling it let me know,and add it to my long list of things to do/look at...........................there i go again !

Paul.

Oldiesstation - It powers up fine, it just doesn't load, gets stuck on the screen with loads of pyramids/triangles....It was a great bit of kit before this happend, it was in service then we stored it for 6 months and now it has the hump with something!

Broadcast - we had considererd putting it up on a few forums or on ebay for sale as "faulty"......

Hi!
I am not sure if someone is still reading this forum but I need some help...
I have an IDT sound design unit in my hands but not the software (SD.280 i think if not SD 2.70 - I do not remember...-
I had used it in the past but after so many years but I cannot locate it anymore.
Could you please send it to me if you have it? I know I get you into trouble but even IDT did not respond to my emails..
My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Stavros
Athens Greece

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom