• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KWSS-LP / Scottsdale, AZ - dance mixes

justthenumbers

Leading Participant
KWSS-LP is low-powered 106.7 FM in Scottsdale, AZ (northeast Phoenix metro). In a car, the station is actually quite audible outside Scottsdale in some parts of town. Tonight, I noticed that they air dance mixes on Friday evenings. The only song I recognized was one that combined the music from Nalin and Kane "Beachball" with the lyrics from Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop" (That Thing). The others were too obscure (at least for me) to identify, but I enjoyed it...it was great to hear dance music on the radio in the Valley of the Sun once again.

It looks like they have mixes on Saturday nights as well:

http://www.kwss1067.com/schedule.php

Yeah its an Alternative rock format,,, which is cool,, but I think they would do better being pure Dance, since you guys already have Alternative on 103.9,, but no Dance now... In some places this LPFM has a better signal than Energy.. But since its a LPFM they cant make money from it, so im sure its more less a Hobby and run by volunteers like most LPFMs

Mid West Clubber said:
Yeah its an Alternative rock format,,, which is cool,, but I think they would do better being pure Dance, since you guys already have Alternative on 103.9,, but no Dance now... In some places this LPFM has a better signal than Energy.. But since its a LPFM they cant make money from it, so im sure its more less a Hobby and run by volunteers like most LPFMs

I've actually heard hip-hop on KWSS lately, so it's almost becoming like a CHR in the sense that they play different kinds of music. It's an interesting station to say the least...I'm going to try and listen more often.

They have an online stream, so im gonna listen is as well... They do play on the lighter side of Alternative, stuff like Jason Miraz-Im Yours,,,, and Katy Perry,, and even some older dance, ive heard them play Crystal Method-Coming Back,, Havent heard that in Forever,, they played an Edited version of The Orb-Halcyon and on and on..... Its too bad it doesnt have 100kw and they cant make money from it,,, no adverts...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom