• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WANTING TO BUY GIANT BOOMBOX

Spring is here ,Check fleamarkets and tag sales ,swap stores pawn shops and the Salvation Army.Might be lucky to find vintage 1980's Boom Boxes there for under $50 dollars.I picked up a JVC , "It's about the same size as the Lasonic in the ad".Back in 1982 new for $200.00 dollars at the local fleamarket.Today it still keeps on ticking.anyway I have to check out the Lasonic for the hell of it.

I would get on Criags List.
BUT, if you really want a BIG boombox- a friend of mine had a small travel trailer painted up like a boombox and took it out to remotes, ect. Now THAT was a big boombox. Wish I still had a picture of that to share. Very cool.

Nostalgia said:
I would get on Criags List.
BUT, if you really want a BIG boombox- a friend of mine had a small travel trailer painted up like a boombox and took it out to remotes, ect. Now THAT was a big boombox. Wish I still had a picture of that to share. Very cool.
Did they actually have speakers in the speakers? Or was it the remote studio? Couldn't very well have a studio IN a boom box....
Someone must have pictures of that.

Ok I see,I was at a concert at Montage Mountain in Scranton PA a couple of years ago. A station had a boom box like remote studio on a high lift,I could not recall the call letters.In the speaker section were real speakers.I guess these studios are costom built to the costomer specs.

Talk to the high school or universities int he area...

Offer a donation to their department if they wouldn't mind making it for you as a project. All of a sudden its an even bigger tax write off, probably 1/3 the cost, and you can turn around being a hero to the school for the donation. :D

What is your target demo? Unless you're doing oldies, poor branding for your station.
Boom boxes went the way of console TV's.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom