• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jingles

Thanks, BnR! I cadged copies for the museum archives -- the KHTT package, in particular, is both an oddity and rarity.

KHTT/1500 in San Jose, and its predecessor, KXRX, is one of the great "lost stations" in the Bay Area. I think these jingles date from the time KHTT was still running a Top 40 format (automated?) before switching to "Rock Oldies" in late 1985. KHTT and KSJO (92.3 FM) were co-owned at that time.

I've only heard one aircheck of KXRX ever -- a short clip from a Larry King Show broadcast via Mutual, with that ginchy Mutual network sounder ("bee-doop") and a KX-RX station ID, and that's it. I used to listen to the station a lot in the late 1960s and 1970s, but never caught it on tape.

I'd love to find some more representative recordings of the station (and KHTT/KSJX) from back in the day, and perhaps a photo of the old KX-RX transmitter plant by 101 in San Jose.

Now if we can find any jingles for the shorter-lived KHTT, Healdsburg
(at 92.9 MC, when it was Top-40 '92.9 The Heat' in the late-1980s),
that'd be cool, too!

Great jingles; thanx for the finds, BRBA!
--jay

Hay BossRadio I have some air checks of KHTT the night they "fliped" from an music format to all biznews they did at least 6 jingles in a row and did a news wire sounder untill they switched. I also have KSJO when they did top-40 in the summer of '75 I'll send it to you. I also think I have 1 quick "shotgun" jingle of "double x KXRX" but I'll have to look for that one.

radio dx said:
I also have KSJO when they did top-40 in the summer of '75 I'll send it to you.

Thanks, DX!

The Top 40 format on KSJO apparently lasted a bit longer than just the Summer of 1975:

http://www.bayarearadio.org/surveys/ksjo/ksjo_1975-01-23_survey.shtml

Many of us remember KSJO as a great heavy rock station. On this survey from January '75, however, it's Barry Manilow, Helen Reddy, America, The Carpenters, Phoebe Snow, Paul Anka...

Boy, I hated a lot of music in the 1970s, and there was a lot of music to hate.

:( :'(Youer Jingles Web Sites Not Working Do You Have New Web Site or Any Updates

BnRinBayArea said:
NOT CD quality, but for us jingle lovers, it does the trick (all in MP3):

Enjoy :)

Thank you! Not being a listener to any of those stations at the time I'm quite amazed at these jingles. I wonder who did them. The KWSS ones are horrible in the sense that the jingle guys had nothing to work with, especially given that KWSS is such an awful callsign to start with.

The KKIQ set is quite strange. I like the music a lot and the production is top-notch, but man, those HUGE donut holes. What on earth were they plugging that they required such large holes? I can't imagine a modern-day station doing anything with such monsters -- public service? weather? DJ starting his/her shift?

The KHTT ones are also remarkable in that each jingle goes higher and higher in pitch, as if they can't convince the listener it's really KHTT, so they have to do it again in a most insistent voice (!)

Great stuff there.

TonyHolm said:
:( :'(Youer Jingles Web Sites Not Working Do You Have New Web Site or Any Updates

Tony, my host can be flakey. I just checked and all was good.... if after a few tries you still have probz, drop a note and I can email or something. OH, and if you use firefox, that may work better.

Loved your commentary, David! Sorry you missed them "first run".

Ive been looking for those jingles could you email to me at [email protected]... the original members post is frozen. i would really appreciate it.i cant get anything to play from bay area radio museum since real audio upgrade.

i would like a copy of the khtt jingles if you wouldn't mind. the original members post is frozen. i have been searching the net with no success. my email is [email protected] you jingle collector. the station that got me through high school.

khtt jingles

Thanks, BnR! I cadged copies for the museum archives -- the KHTT package, in particular, is both an oddity and rarity.

KHTT/1500 in San Jose, and its predecessor, KXRX, is one of the great "lost stations" in the Bay Area. I think these jingles date from the time KHTT was still running a Top 40 format (automated?) before switching to "Rock Oldies" in late 1985. KHTT and KSJO (92.3 FM) were co-owned at that time.

I've only heard one aircheck of KXRX ever -- a short clip from a Larry King Show broadcast via Mutual, with that ginchy Mutual network sounder ("bee-doop") and a KX-RX station ID, and that's it. I used to listen to the station a lot in the late 1960s and 1970s, but never caught it on tape.

I'd love to find some more representative recordings of the station (and KHTT/KSJX) from back in the day, and perhaps a photo of the old KX-RX transmitter plant by 101 in San Jose.
may i have a copy of khtt jingles [email protected]

92.9 Santa Rosa - KREO

I just found an old CART with a :03 jingle - "Hot fun in the summer time - 93 KREO"

i'm not sure if still plays as I don't have a cart machine handy :)

Now if we can find any jingles for the shorter-lived KHTT, Healdsburg
(at 92.9 MC, when it was Top-40 '92.9 The Heat' in the late-1980s),
that'd be cool, too!

Great jingles; thanx for the finds, BRBA!
--jay

I've been looking for old airchecks and jingles from 1170 KLOK Radio from the 1970's. If you or someone you know have these, PLEASE e-mail me at [email protected] :)

Last edited:
A thread titled "Jingles." What an excellent place to post this link. It's to a BayAreaRadio page which includes a lot of airchecks and jingles from the old KEWB Channel 91. Among the airchecks are guys by the name of Kasem, Dale, Price, Owens, Steele, Morgan and MacKinnon, all of whom would soon be working in Los Angeles:

http://bayarearadio.org/audio/kewb/

I have heard from two people who say that all the links on that KEWB page work just fine. For me, most of the links went to a "page no longer available" message. My only explanation is that I have AOL. I trust that I do not need to say any more.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom