• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Rise Up" is starting to bubble...

JayD

Frequent Participant
Just like "World Hold On" started to gain popularity in Pop/Hip Hop clubs... Rise Up is starting to bubble as well... Can this make it to pop radio? You never know....

If its the same Rise up im thinking of with the Jesus reference and the Diva house sound.... It wouldnt have a chance for us. There is so much better Dance out there,,,, look beyond the U.S and look a few years back to bring some life back to some overlooked and forgotten tracks....

We beat that one up last year. It's a fun, well structured song.

Oh I See... Yeah thats a good song... i think gary Pine, the Jamacan singer in most Bob Sinclar songs sings the vocals.... not not ago, the song actually blew up in Puirto Rico of all places.... Id like to see it take off, but it is pretty old now,,,, but its new to CHR listeners.

It took a year or so but I do believe that "Rise Up" could actually start a trend of danceable Jamaican flavored songs. Unlike "World Hold On", this has a more tropical feel.

Pulse 87 is playing another song that has that feel to it. I'd also take a look out for Fontana's "Live It" as well. It's pretty "dead on" to what Yves LaRock had done.

Tony Santiago said:
It took a year or so but I do believe that "Rise Up" could actually start a trend of danceable Jamaican flavored songs. Unlike "World Hold On", this has a more tropical feel.

"Rise Up" blew up in a number of Latin American countries, probably b/c of the Tropical feel you'd mentioned. It was played a lot on the radio in countries like Colombia

DJ_Perry said:
[ i think gary Pine, the Jamacan singer in most Bob Sinclar songs

Don't forget Steve Edwards =]
[/quote]

For the record, Gary Pine sang "Love Generation", Steve Edwards did "World Hold On" and "Together". And what the heck, even though it wasn't a Caribbean sound, Dollarman and Big Ali did "Rock This Party".

Hopefully the CHR's take further notice with Yves LaRock.

I think I might put this in rotation, but id have better luck waiting till spring-Summer to add it,,,, You would be surprised how some songs can be more popular if they are released at certain times of the year... For Instance, do you think Kid Rocks-All Summer long would have been a hit if released in November-December,, and also notice that around Sept and October that song just died and disappeared.

Tony Santiago said:
I'd also take a look out for Fontana's "Live It" as well. It's pretty "dead on" to what Yves LaRock had done.

I have to correct myself here....the name is Fentura with "Live It"

Yves Larock f/Jaba -Rise Up (Radio Edit) (Summer 2007)

NOT GARY PINE or STEVE EDWARDS. Research before misinforming.

Reminds me of an overheard conversation about our Mayor who is being investigated for relations with an intern from the State Capitol. The intern claimed to have kissed the Mayor in a bathroom but I heard people talking about the Mayor taking this guy to a bathouse. Bathroom - Bathhouse - two very different places.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom