• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The .wav

Jazz_Kat said:
Just wanted to say the wav have been playing some great Christmas music this evening. Good listening! 8)

Glad you have enjoyed it, brother! We'll be easing our way back into regular programming tonight with Jerry Wells Moving Straight Ahead Christmas show at 8:00PM Eastern, followed by The Lelia Russo Christmas show, and Angelica's Chilled Christmas. Then, we are back to the contemporary jazz and look forward to another great year of music in 2012!

Hope EVERYONE had a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and has a Happy New Year. Keep it smooth but upbeat! 8)

OK, gang. It's been a few months since my last shameless plug. But this is quasi-legit. ;D For iTunes listeners, we have been relisted as "wavjazz.net", so we are back in the Ws under "Jazz" where we belong. Also changed the station motto to more accurately reflect the direction the station is taking: "Jazz Served Chilled..." Please make a note of it. That is all, my friends!

Another quick update, gang. We now have call letters!!! How exciting. ;D We will be slowly incorporating WWAV-DB into our tags and website branding. We will also modify our listings in the various directories we presently participate. What is great abou this is that as Internet radio becomes more accessible/standard in vehicles, it will facilitate locating stations you like and tuning in. By having unique call letters registered, no more searching dozens of stations on a directory for the one you want to listen to. Just punch in the call letters, and BOOM!

We also have a new custom stream launch page at http://www.loudcity.com/stations/the-wav-smooth-jazz. You can also still post comments there, like the old page. The change was necessitated because of conflicts between the most recent CentovaCast push and my stream provider's software. Pleased to say all of the media player links work on this page, and the iTunes Radio directory link is once again active. It's been a LONGGG couple of weeks, but WWAV-DB in finally back on track!!! Peace.

AC Tones said:
Another quick update, gang. We now have call letters!!! How exciting. ;D We will be slowly incorporating WWAV-DB into our tags and website branding. We will also modify our listings in the various directories we presently participate. What is great abou this is that as Internet radio becomes more accessible/standard in vehicles, it will facilitate locating stations you like and tuning in. By having unique call letters registered, no more searching dozens of stations on a directory for the one you want to listen to. Just punch in the call letters, and BOOM!

We also have a new custom stream launch page at http://www.loudcity.com/stations/the-wav-smooth-jazz. You can also still post comments there, like the old page. The change was necessitated because of conflicts between the most recent CentovaCast push and my stream provider's software. Pleased to say all of the media player links work on this page, and the iTunes Radio directory link is once again active. It's been a LONGGG couple of weeks, but WWAV-DB in finally back on track!!! Peace.

Lots of great things going for the wav. That's great Chris. 8) While our cable and internet was off for a while last month and this month, I spent a lot of my time listening to the wav via phone. Nothing past the time like great music. I just had to remember to redial after 30 minutes because the call would end. Keep us updated on the wav. :)

Looking for a way to cool off from the summer heat, catch a cool ride on The wav. ;) 8)

Also had the chance to listen to the .way on the phone recently. Was on a road trip and was low on the data allowance. This feature allows you not to have to watch your allowance and/or worry about being affected by GPRS and/or 1g bandwidths in some rural areas. Audionow gives consistent am-like sound quality........but you still get to enjoy the NAC/smooth jazz virtually anywhere this way. Good feature!

How funny that I found this thread, I've been listening to the .wav for one or two years, it's a great station. Awesome selection of music that you usually wouldn't hear on normal smooth jazz radio, it certainly helps too that lots of classic Weather Channel tunes (Trammell Starks, Rippingtons, Patrick O'Hearn, Ryan Farish, etc.) that I vividly remember are played on there too.

Keep up the good work AC Tones!

How funny that I found this thread, I've been listening to the .wav for one or two years, it's a great station. Awesome selection of music that you usually wouldn't hear on normal smooth jazz radio, it certainly helps too that lots of classic Weather Channel tunes (Trammell Starks, Rippingtons, Patrick O'Hearn, Ryan Farish, etc.) that I vividly remember are played on there too.

Keep up the good work AC Tones!

I sincerely appreciate the kind words, WeatherChannelFan. I only peek into this forum maybe once every three months or so just to see what is going on. Wish I had more time, but I have a hard enough time try to keep up with listener e-mails and keeping the station current for you guys. Suffice it to say, it humbles me that you guys have remained loyal for what will be seven years come July. Not sure where the time has gone.

Now that I am here, I might as well update you guys on some minor changes made to the station over the past year or so. The URL has changed, but www.wavjazz.net is still linked to it. The new URLs are www.jazzcentralradio.com and http://jazzcentral.us Jazz Central Radio is now comprised of what you all have known for your years as "The .wav", and a sister station known as Jazz Central After Hours. You can find custom streaming apps for your mobile devices at our website, and you can now stream directly from the website, which is a nice feature.

I do have to apologize to my iTunes listeners. Regular iTunes listeners have had an increasingly difficult time finding us and tuning us in, to say the least. I do not want to bore you with the details right now. All I can do is encourage you to use alternative platforms, of which there are many...TuneIn Radio, and the aforementioned custom apps from and AudioNow.

To all of my friends here, I hope you are doing well. I have no plans at this point to go anywhere. :)

Peace,

"AC"
Jazz Central Radio
WWAV-DB/WCJZ-DB
"Where Jazz And Radio Are Always Inseparable"

Hi AC, Glad to see you're still around. Thanks for checking in! :)

Hey AC, found out recently that wwav is streaming once again on TuneIn/Audionow........smooth jazz/downtempo/nac is enjoyable once.again! Also not having to depend on "Watercolors" as much.....Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom