• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CBS insanity continues!!!!

rustyzipper

Inactive
Inactive User
Cha gets voted off the island at KOOL 105. Only live show is the morning show, same for all the other CBS Denver stations.
Oh and 92.5 will go all Christmas music within the week. Book it!

Hi everyone:
rustyzipper said:
Cha gets voted off the island at KOOL 105.
She's one THE BEST local DJs there is in Denver and SHE GETS BOOTED?? ??? :mad:
Only live show is the morning show, same for all the other CBS Denver stations.
Gee....Just what we need. A RADIO STATION IN A CAN ::) :mad:

Next I suppose we'll start seeing Drivers Licenses inside cereal boxes (Ohh wait, some people already have those. How silly of me to forget that).
Oh and 92.5 will go all Christmas music within the week. Book it!
Can anybody here spell F-O-R-M-A-T C-H-A-N-G-E?? Me sees one - All News 92.5 FM.

Why not? It's about THE ONLY format (Other than a Progressive Talker to compete with Clear Channel's KKZN-AM 760) that hasn't been tried there yet. What have they got to lose?

Just my opinion....

Cheers :)

Pat

Can anybody here spell F-O-R-M-A-T C-H-A-N-G-E?? Me sees one - All News 92.5 FM.

Considering how expensive it is to operate a legitimate news operation I doubt that CBS will want to launch such a format right now.

Rico Garcia said:

Considering how expensive it is to operate a legitimate news operation I doubt that CBS will want to launch such a format right now.

Also didn't Denver at one time had their own "all news..all the time" station way back in the 80s? I think it was KDEN-AM. Don't remember hearing them but I do seem to recall seeing their ads on RTD buses ( OK..THE RIDE ) back then.

Going back to CBS/Kool 105...what about this guy named Hollywood Henderson? Is he live or VT'ed? Last time i was in Denver ( lastmonth ) it seemed that every single time I tuned into Kool 105, there he was. Middays...weekends...even on Saturday Night. I assume much of Hollywood's show was VT but I think some of it is live too.

And speaking of Kool 105....despite the cutbacks ( Boogieman..Cha...their morning show some months back....) some of my friends were telling that as recently as TWO months ago Kool 105 had placed an ad mentioning that they ( KXKL & KIMN ) had openings for "several announcers" in a newspaper in MARYLAND ! ! !

So lets see here....a Colorado radio station who has laid off quite a few recently including some very popular announcers...they turn to newspapers in a state some 1500 miles away.."looking for help"...weird ! ! !

They are all tracked! Follow the bouncing ball. Hollywood: VT middays on KOOL, VT the noon hour on MIX, VT weekends on both AND the Wolf. Leanne VT middays on wolf, VT afternoons on KOOL VT all 3 on weekends. Leanne has been bounced around that cluster more than Sarah Palin at Niemans. One of the idiots from the Wolf morning show VT nights on KOOL. Good times.

rustyzipper said:
They are all tracked! Follow the bouncing ball. Hollywood: VT middays on KOOL, VT the noon hour on MIX, VT weekends on both AND the Wolf. Leanne VT middays on wolf, VT afternoons on KOOL VT all 3 on weekends. Leanne has been bounced around that cluster more than Sarah Palin at Niemans. One of the idiots from the Wolf morning show VT nights on KOOL. Good times.

I think they should put Tom Kent on KOOL 24 hours a day. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom