• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phenomenal Numbers For CHR Radio In The Top 3 Markets

CHRles

Star Participant
It's great to see the format's stations in New York, L.A., and Chicago produce these kinds of numbers.
Z-100 got an astonishing number of listeners in the NYC, Long Island, and Middlesex books, and has somewhere between 5 to six million listeners. Even the online stream is cuming over 100,000 listeners.

KIIS-FM's number were just as amazing as it cumes well over 4 million listeners when you combine the L.A. and Riverside books. Honestly, I've never seen KIIS-FM, or CHR/Pop for that matter, do so well in Riverside. It wasnt just cume, but also share-wise KIIS-FM pulled ahead of Riverside's heritage Rhythmic outlet 99.1 KGGI.

Great news for Chicago's 103.5 Kiss FM as it is the most listened to station in Chicago with 1.8 million listeners. Share-wise it managed to crack the Top 10 while I was VERY surprised to see Rhythmic B-96 only make the Top 20 in terms of shares.

Lastly, there's Long Island's own 106.1 BLI, which is the most listened to station in its market, and cuming over 850,000 weekly listeners.

This should come as more then just good news for the format, and should hopefully make for some strong cases to launch well programmed CHRs in markets such as San Francisco, Baltimore, and Norfolk.

It's about time we got a real system. Stop sicking the lawyers on Arbitron and realize that these are the REAL numbers. No longer do certain formats get preferential treatment. No longer and african americans not write down CHRs because they aren't "hip." No longer will ACs playing in the mall at Christmas not get credit.

1900radio said:
It's about time we got a real system. Stop sicking the lawyers on Arbitron and realize that these are the REAL numbers. No longer do certain formats get preferential treatment. No longer and african americans not write down CHRs because they aren't "hip." No longer will ACs playing in the mall at Christmas not get credit.

Precisely. Real numbers. It's about time!

This is cool and all for Z-100 and BLI really great... But KISS LA dn Kiss Chicago are Light Rhythmics in Disguise, thats why Kiss is doing well in the I.E... Probably giving KGGI a run for the money, since they sound Urban AC at times,,, but yet they still play the big POP hits too... KGGI and KISS are about the same except KGGI plays some oldschool and a few harder rap songs.

I still like B-96 better than WKSC, but thats just me....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom