Best AAA station
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best AAA station

Best AAA station

My top 3:

1. 92.5 WXRV "The River" Andover/Boston, MA
    2. 104.7 WNCS "The Point" Montpelier/Burlington, VT (also on multiple other freq in the area)
    3. 92.7 WMVY Martha's Vineyard, MA
    91.5 WBIM-FM,   "Where the 'M' stands for 'mmmm!'"

Re: Best AAA station

WXPN
    The Current
    WYEP

drpickle

I agree about WXPN. And, as far as a PT AAA station goes, WDIY in Allentown/Bethlehem wins hands down. AAA style music is aired weekdays from 1 to 4 pm. Additional weekend shows, some of which are more alternative/modern rock air as well. PD is Neil Hever. www.wdiy.org

My Top 3:

1. KINK Portland, OR
    2. 107.1 The Peak WXPK
    3. WXPN

My top 5...

1, KBCO, Denver

2, WXRV, Boston

3, WWMM, Birmingham

4, KSWD, Los Angeles

5, KXLY, Spokane
    Radio station employee...<br />Amateur photographer...<br />Cat slave...<br />Sarcasm expert...<br />Annual USA visitor...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Anderson
    My top 5...

1, KBCO, Denver

2, WXRV, Boston

3, WWMM, Birmingham

4, KSWD, Los Angeles

5, KXLY, Spokane
    Lee, I was one of their biggest fans but I have realized KSWD is NOT really a AAA station!! Compare the amount of classic rock they play with any AAA station. WRXP is also in the same category..not AAA.

Okay,

My top 3 here:

1. WEXT Albany "Exit 97.7":
    This radio station is a public radio station run by the WMHT corporation. It is a public radio station, meaning it uses programs from PRI and APM, too. You canfind them at:
    www.exit977.org.

2. KSWD "The Sound":
    This station is great. I must respectfully disagree with SuperRadioFan on his asessment of the station, and it's constant playing of Classic Rock. You'll see why in a moment.

3. WLKK Buffalo "107.7 The Lake":
    This station is a AAA owned by Entercom, serving Buffalo, New York. You can find them at:
    www.1077thelake.com.
    If you listen to the station, you will find that they have a lot of classic rock in their playlist, but are still a AAA. Just try it, and see what I mean.

And now, a question: Where can I find a Windows Media compatable stream for the new AAA WWMM?

--The Radio Kid
    (AKA Oswego Jeremy, as nicknamed by George of the Radio Racket.)
    My email: JHANLON001@twcny.rr.com.

Quote Originally Posted by theradiokid
    And now, a question: Where can I find a Windows Media compatable stream for the new AAA WWMM?
    It just seems to have happened in the last week. I was listening last weekend, but when I tried the stream this weekend, nothing. I even tried othe Citidel streams, but it just appears to be them.
    Radio station employee...<br />Amateur photographer...<br />Cat slave...<br />Sarcasm expert...<br />Annual USA visitor...

In Maryland we have 103.1 WRNR. This station has introduced me to so many cool bands and sent me to a couple of fun shows. They cover the Chesapeake Bay from Baltimore to Cambridge to North Beach. WTMD 89.7 in Baltimore is a nice mellow AAA. On the Eastern Shore we have a relay of Philadelphia's WXPN on 90.5. XPN is almost as good as my favorite, WRNR.

Outside of Maryland, my favorites are The Point FM in Vermont, 103.7 The Mountain in Seattle and KFOG - San Francisco.

My top 3 - 1) WXRT 93.1 - Chicago, IL 2) The Current KCMP 89.3 - Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN 3) KSWD 100.3 - L.A. CA (Improving bit by bit) I just got back from vacationing in Montreal, Canada - but while on vacation I took my rental car across the border into Vermont and tuned into WNCS 104.7 Burlington, VT (I think Dave and Haley NEED to listen to WNCS - I was HOOKED) I lost the signal while listening to Wilco as I was already back into Quebec (Montreal radio wasn't that good, folks - except for a jazz station broadcasting in French) Joe G 8) (p.s. glad to be home in LA)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast