• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where to buy Barix 1000 (the new model?)?

gunterm

Frequent Participant
I hope Dana still frequents this area since he knows all about it.

I want to grab one of these and see if I can replace my software encoding to eliminate another way that I can be knocked off the air :)

Also with the new features I was hoping to get some for future remote broadcasts too. Do you have a link to a product sheet and manual?

They are not yet out. If Chris has a set, it's news to me.

The Annuncicom 1000s have been out for several months-and can be used as Ex 1000s (though without the AES/EBU ports). This is likely what Chris got.

They are due out about 3 weeks after I receive my engineering prototypes. The first prototype run is for 100 units, followed by another run of 500 units about two weeks later. I'm due to get several of the initial 100 unit run, to check for any hardware and/or software defects. They are being overnighted from China to us.

Apparently, there was a problem in manufacturing. I know that Johannes (President of Barix AG) has been spending a lot of time in China lately, so I'm sure he's dealing with it.

Business is so good right now that we're back ordered on Instreamer 100s. Fortunately, a shipment from China arrives in about a week.

As an aside, I have several Exstreamer 100s here that have what I call the 'chisel mod'. These units had bad output chips and I literally used a chisel to remove the surface mounted chip without damaging the circuit board (by chopping it in half with the chisel). The output is then connected directly to the DSP chip. I can not sell them or use these as replacement units, but I can loan them out to anyone who needs a unit in a pinch. They actually sound a bit better then the stock units as there's one less amplifier the sound goes through.

Rules are as follows:

1. I know you.
2. You pay shipping both ways.
3. The loan is for a maximum of 30 days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom