• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best Bumper Music????

J

JohnDenverAirlines

What are some of your favorite songs to use for Talk Show Bumper Music? What are some of the songs that you consider to be "burned out" for bumper music?

I think that any song that you think of as a bumper music is probably overplayed. I think the point is to keep it fresh and change it up. I've been around shows that do that and you would be amazed at the feedback that the producers get from the listeners on the music. Your P1 listeners will get burned out pretty quick if they hear the same stuff in rotation. It takes work to stay current and to keep the rotation fresh but I think it is really worth it.

I was 18 when I first started board-op'ing for WFLA in Tampa... of course I was put on the Coast To Coast shift, and sundays - The Drudge Report.

From everything I've heard - I still prefer the music that Drudge used on his show - it always found a way to relate to some news story, or the season of the year. I wish there was a full list of every song he ever used - the Drudge Radio Archive has a list going, but only contains a few months worth.

I can't say which music is best, but I think Drudge chose the best anyway... it was weird, but heartfelt, and it worked.

I have no fav music, BUT I do get a kick out of when some of these stuffy, uptight conservative hosts use this really hip bumper music that doesn't at all go with their stick-up-the-@ss show.

I liked when I heard Michael Medved use the Alternative/AAA rock hit "Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn and John... a group I think are from Sweden. Michael Medved playing a song or two by The Right Brothers who are an Alternative rock conservative group was very entertaining. I mail ordered one of their CD's. It's too bad that mail order seems to be the only way to get their stuff. Songs like "Bush Was Right" , "Shut up and Teach" (about college professors who use their class time to propogandize their students) and "I'm In Love With Ann Coulter" are a breath of fresh air since the vast majority of rock bands are "on the left".

cm454 said:
I have no fav music, BUT I do get a kick out of when some of these stuffy, uptight conservative hosts use this really hip bumper music that doesn't at all go with their stick-up-the-@ss show.

LOL Bill O'Reily !!!!

D'yer Maker, Bittersweet Symphony and Stupid Girl are three of my faves.

Mark Davis at WBAP in Dallas plays the best bumper tunes. Rush Limbaugh's archive is pretty cool as well.

Mike Gallagher's intro theme is a good rockin' 80s song. Is it Van Halen? I'm not a fan of heavy metal, but it makes for a good opening, as does Savage's heavy metal opening.

I like to use stuff that most people haven't heard as bumper music, lesser known stuff, sometimes blues oriented....or pull sections of of songs and edit them together to make a decent length bumper but with no vocals. I find bumpers with vocals are too distracting, though I know there are those who've used them.

I once produced a late night show and I'd use really odd stuff for that....accordian music, newgrass, pop/folk, whatever. We got lots of comments about our bumpers and it became a fun thing for listeners, like, what weird thing will they play next?

A good bumper says a lot about what kind of thought a producer's putting into the show.

I always liked using XTC's "Respectable Street" and OLD Dexy's Midnight Runners tracks when I was doing talk.

The best bumprer music definitley goes to Laura Ingraham. Her opening is a perfect start for a show and the music at the end of the segments often has to do with what was just being discussed or making fun of a politician, sometimes accompanied with a sound bite.

I also like most of the bumper music used during the Dennis Prager Show, which is opposite Rush on many stations. I'm bored with his use of "Take 5" (a Jazz hit) and I haven't heard him use my favorite...an upbeat, rather aggressive instrumental track he used to use, often after the bottom of the hour.

Best bumper music is in Tampa Bay... "The Daniel Ruth Show," 820 WWBA 1-3 p.m. Sunday. The elevator jazz leaves you unconscious before Ruth's liberalism renders you comatose.

More bad-mouthing a rival station to your's.

You need to disclose your relationship with the other big talker in that market. Plus you may want to explain your possible role in firing Mr. Ruth and a slew of other staffers so you could choke up your station with syndicated shows.

Don62 said:
More bad-mouthing a rival station to your's.

You need to disclose your relationship with the other big talker in that market. Plus you may want to explain your possible role in firing Mr. Ruth and a slew of other staffers so you could choke up your station with syndicated shows.

...are you stalking me?

Nope. Just replying to the thread, which I posted a reply wayyyy before you, on the first page.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom