• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Savage

What the !@#$* is Mark Masters doing...?!?

Well golly gee...I like to think if I ever put my foot in my mouth and said something stupid and hurtful, that some glad-handing corporate tool would step forward and issue a (non) apology on my behalf...

Naaaaaaaaaah... ;D

Having a "right" to do so doesn't replace "common sense." You have a right to scream "fire" too ... just not in a darkened movie theater.

We have a "right" to equally be "offended" as well. But not at the hands of a moron not using "common sense." That's different than an "opposing opinion" or a difference in opinion.

For that matter ... people have the right to say the eff bomb and do other things, too ... but that doesn't make it "sensible." Some things ... and not all offensive things, incidentally, especially incendiary non-funny, non-sensical ranting BS are better left "unsaid" on the air.

And to have a corporate shill speak for you in that "he didn't mean what he said," makes the point. If you don't mean it ... don't say it.

P.T. Barnum would LOVE this.

Arbitron is "a memory test," right?

Radio may be OUR life, but, to "real people" qualified to get a diary, it's merely a-buzz-in-the-background...until it's not.

This incident has DRAWN ATTENTION TO Michael Savage.
Net plus.

His syndicator handling-this-as-well-as-it-has helps too.

I've advised Savage-affiliated client stations to DO PROMOS, with bites from Savage's on-air statements about autism, and invite comments to a voicemail box, from-which we cull sound bites to keep the promos fresh. If you don't have these shows in-the-can, grab the bites off www.SavageOnAutism.com

Find a parade and jump-in-front-of-it.
MILK IT.

ANYTHING that involves a parent's concern is topic GOLD.

HC
www.HollandCooke.com

Find a parade and jump-in-front-of-it.
I wouldn't expect this "parade" to last long. Savage is simply too unattractive a personality to want to concern yourself with, even to criticize. The man did what is expected of him, did he not?

Well just stop listen to Savage and he will go away. Genesis Radio Network talkers are more sane than this guy.

RE: "I wouldn't expect this 'parade' to last long."

Thus the importance of jumping-in-front-of-one quickly.
Carpe attention.

In Cleveland, where the affiliate dropped the show, another station picked-it-up-before-it-hit-the-floor, saying "he OWNS nights here."

KGIL-1260 Los Angeles which just recently added Savage, first as a morning replay then just as he made his Autism remarks they were moving him to live in the afternoon. They didn't drop him but he is now rescheduled, again, ro 10pm. This station drops power and tightens pattern at night, the San Diego area simulcast (XESURF-540) drops to 100 watts. So he won't offend too many people.

BillFromBaltimore said:
I, too, believe in free speech. However, sometimes people will go too far. I haven't heard words from any family who may have a child afflicted with autism supporting Mr. Savage. I have a grandchild who will be 11 years old in October. He's autistic and hasn't been able to speak a word since birth! Mr. Savage's words are very hurtful. Persons who have an autistic child in their lives can better identify with the pain Savage has caused. I'd give anything to hear my little guy speak a word. His condition isn't as bad as a lot of kids I've seen during these past 10 years... and, I'm extremely grateful. People like Mr. Savage should try to be more sensitive about others. He can maintain his opinions about others, but should try to use a bit of tact about his statements and feelings. A lot of you have taken his statements lightly. I assure you, you wouldn't be as kind if you had an autistic child within your family.

Then, there's the matter concerning racist remarks made by Mr. Savage. In essence, he stated that Blacks coached their kids to fake having asthma to obtain better benefits from social services. He's exactly the type of guy we don't need on the airwaves. When you have someone broadcasting his or her racist opinions, it merely help to breed more racists. Many times, it's very easy for listeners to believe the words of a popular radio host. I support his right to have his own opinion; however, some opinions should be kept to one's self. Providing the TRUTH to people is one thing; just spitting out your poison is ANOTHER.

Well, I am sorry to have to disagree with you and agree with Mr. Savage on this one. What Michael said essentially was that many autistic kids are just given everything that they want by their parents and "spolied." The problem is, when you give in to a child with a disability like this they keep being diabled. I know someone who is autistic and his parents have never given into him and he goes to regular school and performs in plays. His parents didn't just spoil him and his disease. They wante dhim to get better.He manages to act and interact well even with his "disability."

The only way he is a ble to do this is because his parents didn't just give up on him. I have seen other autistic children where their parents just let them eat the foods that they are comfortable with (like grilled cheese and onions on white bread, very specific) and send them into private programs just for people like them. This is the easy way out, but the child does not improve and remains severely disabled for the rest of their life. These parents "spoil" their children like Michael said, and he was absolutely correct.

I don't agree with Mr. Savage on everything, but he actually takes risks and says what he believes. This guy has taught me a lot about overmedication in our society and also the way cretauin diseases are treated (like autism) in a way that the people never improve.

:60 delay

That may be news to SAVAGE, but when I had dinner with his boss in February, he told me about the :60 delay then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom