• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is Houston HD worth my trouble?

If anyone can get Houston HD is it worth me getting a high-gain fm antenna and new wire to pull in the signals? I thought maybe just maybe there might be a hope for a dance on HD-2?? I'm getting Houston analog clean with my antennas, 84 miles, but HD is pretty hard to get with the antennas I have.

Being the dance nut I know you are jras, KHMX-HD2 would be worth it alone. Billed as "Energy 96.5" (talk about a time warp) it plays the dance music that would be right down your alley. "Liquid Buzz" on KTBZ-HD2 is a good alternative to the Alternative as well. "The Loop" on KKRW-HD2 is ok, and KHPT-HD2 as "Pat FM" playing 90's is one of my favorites. I still can't believe that no one has attempted a 90's formatted station here in Houston on a main signal other than the 2 week stunt that Radio One used on KROI/Seabrook when they first bought the station.

I'll half to see what I can do about getting HD out there, need to get a good high gain FM antenna, I have a good one, but got it going to Victoria most of the stations in Victoria only cover Victoria. I wish HD wasnt so hard to receive.

purpledevil said:
Being the dance nut I know you are jras, KHMX-HD2 would be worth it alone. Billed as "Energy 96.5" (talk about a time warp) it plays the dance music that would be right down your alley. "Liquid Buzz" on KTBZ-HD2 is a good alternative to the Alternative as well. "The Loop" on KKRW-HD2 is ok, and KHPT-HD2 as "Pat FM" playing 90's is one of my favorites. I still can't believe that no one has attempted a 90's formatted station here in Houston on a main signal other than the 2 week stunt that Radio One used on KROI/Seabrook when they first bought the station.
I have to disagree with Digital Energy playing dance tracks. It is nowhere near dance. It sounds more like KKHH. Also, call me crazy, but I don't know if It was my head, but I could have sworn I heard a Verizon wireless commercial at KHMX-HD2. Are they playing commercials now? It may have been I was distracted because I was switching the dial and talking at the same time. I don't know. I may spend a day listening to KHMX HD2 to see if my head was playing tricks.

Pat FM is a great 90's station.

Liquid Buzz comes to the rescue once you get bored of The Buzz.

I don't listen to The Loop often so I don't have any comments about that station.

Texas country kicks ass at 92.9 HD2!!!! That's all I have to say. Nice alternative when BOTH country stations are in commercials (ironic isn't?)

Oldies at 107.5 is no appeal to me either (not saying that it is a bad station, it just doesn't appeal to me).

And if you are a Conservative at heart, and love Rush and Hannity, well KLOL HD2 has KTRH.

May came and Smooth Jazz never arrived at 95.7 HD2. So change of plans? MAYBE we can look at 95.7 adding Dance to one of their HD channels. If you ask me, it would be a great compliment.

jras20 said:
I'll half to see what I can do about getting HD out there, need to get a good high gain FM antenna, I have a good one, but got it going to Victoria most of the stations in Victoria only cover Victoria. I wish HD wasnt so hard to receive.

I wouldn't fool around with half measures - go for the best right from the start:

http://www.starkelectronic.com/aps13.htm

I'm about to remove my HD Radio from my truck here at my home place just 30 miles south of Austin, it drops out so much its not really listenable. HD Radio would be a neat idea if the power was half way decent.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom