• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AAA Satellite Formats

S

scottwmro

I need to find out if there are any 24/7 Satellite Music Formats that are all or a partical AAA Format or Modern Rock Format. I'm looking into changing formats and satellite is the best for our station. Is there any national companies like Jones, ABC, etc, that have a 24/7 AAA Format. Please advise!

Thanks!

Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM
Gallatin TN

I know of one, Waitt Radio Networks has a modern rock satellite format. It's not a traditional satellite network, though. The music is on a hard drive at the station and they send out voicetracks, including local tracks each hour for your station.

http://waittradionetworks.com/

I know you know alot more about your station and your market than I do,,,, and I think its cool that you still run a music format on A.M, I think A.M music in small towns can still work with some form of Hot AC, or Light CHR, which is basically what your station is doing, as well as the little station in Middlesboro KY with a CHR-AC hybrid format. I have heard your station before, and I think you do a good job as it is, but do you think a Rock format can work on A.M, especially a cutting edge Modern Rock or AAA? I think it would be awesome if you could prove to be the only A.M Modern Rocker in the U.S, but I dont want to see the station fold, and become another talk or religious format. Have you checked out Waitt Radio's format called ACTIVE AC, its like the Hottest an AC can possibly be, and I know a guy who is utillizing on a small 800 watt fm in a small town, with good results.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom