• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Trouble in Seattle for Monti. could she be "Movin" right out the door?

How bout we move on cowboys and cowgirls :p
Just because you make headlines on this board don't mean you are good or bad for the general public ;)
Seems to me a lot gets written about stations that are in trouble and less about stations that have big ole success. just an observation ;)

TakeItFromMe said:
How bout we move on cowboys and cowgirls :p
Just because you make headlines on this board don't mean you are good or bad for the general public ;)
Seems to me a lot gets written about stations that are in trouble and less about stations that have big ole success. just an observation ;)

WHAT!?!?! You mean that all the PDs, GMs and VPs dont read this board and base their decision off of it?

SHOCKER! :p

If you've ever wondered my thoughts on message boards you should netflix 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back'.

Sorry to see you all are so offended with a simple analogy......I heard something and I passed it along. Don’t kill the messenger....... I just have an opinion and I don’t think she is very good. I passed it along because that is what this board is all about. If you can’t take it sorry, didn’t know you were so sensitive. I am not hating just spewing the truth. As for the rumor I heard, not sure if it’s true or not. Take it with a grain of salt.

So which is it then? Truth or rumor?

If you weren't hating, then you wouldn't spread trash about that person so freely.

It's not that shocking really, that they'd fire her over a comedy routine. Seeing as how it's widely known around the building that while the President of Sandusky was visiting, he overheard Pat's girlfriend talking shit about him to the receptionist, then ran to Marc and said "Why do we have this guy on the air to relate to females when his girlfriend so clearly can't stand him?" That was the first nail in Pat's coffin.

So why wouldn't Monti's comedy routine horrify the suits at Sandusky? Of course they'll judge her based on that. People don't get judged for their on-air product at that place, it's determined by who and what they are OFF the air. Sad, but true. We all know that some of the most candy coated, cookie cutter jocks on the air have the worst sailor mouths off mic.
Not really sure why it matters what you do off the air, as long as it doesn't come out on the air.
This is radio. Shouldn't the on air presence be the most important thing?

jamesb said:
It's not that shocking really, that they'd fire her over a comedy routine. Seeing as how it's widely known around the building that while the President of Sandusky was visiting, he overheard Pat's girlfriend talking shit about him to the receptionist, then ran to Marc and said "Why do we have this guy on the air to relate to females when his girlfriend so clearly can't stand him?" That was the first nail in Pat's coffin.

Anonymity is a beautiful thing...it's what boards like this are all about. You can voice your opinion with discretion. I am in love with the righteous attitude on this board...everybody's talking smack and getting their panties in a bunch over who is REALLY "who." I have no problem remaining anonymous...until you start taking personal shots at me.

It's pretty neat that I was "talking shit..." cuz I sure don't remember it. Thanks for letting me know. I'm nowhere NEAR perfect, but I think I'd be smart enough not to "talk shit" in front of the President of Sandusky. And if I did, I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to bite my tongue in radio...if you've never said something you shouldn't have, you haven't been in this business long enough. And because there are only a handful of people who REALLY know how it all "went down," I can honestly  say that there were MANY coffin nails in that particular situation...and a lot of hard feelings.

Personally, with the state that this industry is in? I think it's a cheap shot to be talking shit about a guy who just lost his major market gig and his small-market jock girlfriend. We're parents, you know. We have mouths to feed. There are a LOT of amazing people out of work in this industry, just like us, who aren't sure where we're going to end up next or how they're  going to pay rent. To take shots at people in that situation is pitiful. I met a lot of amazing people in that building that I am proud to say that I worked with, and some that I won't even acknowledge. And I'm devastated to see that some of the people who supported us have come to this board, guns blazing, to tear us down. Why don't you move a 6 month-old across the country, away from your family, friends, jobs, to a new city...and then get blown out a week before Christmas. Get back to me then.

Welcome to radio. Honesty doesn't exist, apparently.

Thanks for the support to those who gave it...it was a rough transition, one that most people will never make in their lifetime. I enjoyed working in that building...I think it has a TREMENDOUS sales and promotions staff. Better than anything I've ever seen. And to those who continue to post crap about people that are struggling in this industry while you go to your cozy job...I hope you sleep well at night. Just wait until it's you...and when it is? Good luck finding support. If you feel the need to further berate me or my family, you probably have my phone number...because you probably came off as my best supportive friend until I left. That's always a good time to talk shit about people...when they leave.

Donations are currently being accepted.  ;)

jamesb said:
This is radio. Shouldn't the on air presence be the most important thing?

Eh, welcome to radio.

There are a lot of great people out of work right now. Don't take offense. Whether it was meant that way or not, try not to get off focus. I think the original intent was that Sandusky doesn't handle things the way they should.

I must agree with the poster, on-air should be the most important factor. Radio is full of drama, and that will never change.

Anonymous boards protect people, sometimes that is misused. The good news is that most reading this stuff can cut through the crap quickly and know who is posting relative fact, who is trying to entertain and those that just have an ax to grind. Radio is a good profession, but the nature of the entertainment business brings out the dramatic types. This whole thread falls in the "ax to grind" category. I agree with an earlier poster, let's move on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom