• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bonneville/Entercom Sale Closed/Assignment Granted

FMSteve

Frequent Participant
This morning the FCC released a public notice showing that the pending Bonneville purchase has now been finalized and assignment of the frequencies granted. Stations sold in this market are KIRO, KTTH and KBSG.

Click here for FCC approval: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-280765A1.pdf

My only hope is that Bonneville now get's serious about improving these stations, especially KIRO-AM. I'd like to see them model after KSL and go after KUOW's big numbers. KIRO has the best signal in the market, and is the Primary Emergency Alert station for Western Washington. We deserve a top-flight station on 710. Anything contrary to this notion is a violation of a public trust.

FMSteve said:
My only hope is that Bonneville now get's serious about improving these stations...

Serious question-what would have kept them from being serious before now?

Procrastination...

..or as Vic Stredicke once defined what RADIO really is - in one simple word: 'Manipulation'...
:)

KeyDemo said:
FMSteve said:
My only hope is that Bonneville now get's serious about improving these stations...

Serious question-what would have kept them from being serious before now?

What? You've got to be kidding. This is not a serious news operation with the likes of Dori Monson and those goofball lunch-bucket guys, "Ron & Don." Instead we get plumber populism.

I want intelligent discussions and a more authoriative sound, that's all I ask. And Dave Ross is the only one that brings that to the table.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom