• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

JACKSONVILLE AND RENDA

Let's face it Briggs should of been let free of Renda almost 10 years ago instead of fooling himself into believing he was actually in radio. This guy was learning about the radio biz every day he was employed there and even when he was asked to leave he still didn't have a clue. He was so focused that after Arrow had been on the air a few years he was bringing albums in from home and playing them on the air. Not his fault but the brillance they call Tony Renda school of management. Jacksonville radio isn't on the job training..it's a top 50 market... let's get real people.

What a loser!!!!

Briggs actually did a good job with Arrow considering there was no marketing for the station. Nobody was even aware when Bob & Tom were added. Briggs was not a Oldies programmer and Renda did a horrible job when it put on WKQL. But the moving on WGNE to Jacksonville and the cahnge to WMUV have all been very positive for Renda. They have a great managment team in place and are firing on all cylinders.

VTdude
Whats your issue with Briggs??..Did he fire you?? At least he was honest enough to post on hear to say he knew he wasnt cut out for Oldies, no matter much or little resources and direction they gave him....I think he did the best he could with Arrow...from the looks of things Renda is not big on spending much on anything as evidenced by Movin being left to flounder...outside the initial TV campaign they have done nothing but hire Matt to do afternoons....they had a chance to hire a couple of good local people that would have helped that station and they passed.....Luckily Gator seems to be doing well despite of Management....

I loved listening to Arrow back in the 90s. I thought the station was great; little talk and lots of music. Had no problem with Briggs. When I moved to Dothan, AL; they had an Arrow 102.5 that was extremely similar to the Arrow in JAX. Liked both of them.

Given Renda Broadcasting is in the news because of the sale of a couple of their stations, I thought it would be interesting to go back to the archives and look at one string one more time. I ask you to read the posts in all 3 pages for several reasons.

There was a time we had actual discussions on this board. I miss that. Renda Broadcasting generated a good deal of discussion on these boards from 2005-2008. So many posters have just vanished a/k/a inactive on the board. So much in radio has changed and this board is mostly silent now.

If only the course of events did not happen in the way they did. A younger me is here too. When I re-read what I wrote, it could have easily been today. I've had a consistent view over the years on this subject. This was 2008. There's lots of differing points of view about Renda Broadcasting. There's some animosity. There's loyalty. There's drama perhaps. The truth is probably in here too somewhere.

Hello guys! I need some opinions from people that know a little about radio real state. If Renda sold 2 fm stations one a 62,000 watts at 100.7 with grate coverage in jax and a 5,500 watts station at 94.1 for 2.7 million dollars, how much can WJSJ 105.3 be worth? am not sure if 100.7 and 94.1 was sold with any real state but WJSJ 105.3 has no real state what so ever. It does not have studios and they rent tower space so basically all you are buying is the license and transmitter equipment. Also station is not billing any money at the time.

Last edited:
Hello guys! I need some opinions from people that know a little about radio real state. If Renda sold 2 fm stations one a 62,000 watts at 100.7 with grate coverage in jax and a 5,500 watts station at 94.1 for 2.7 million dollars, how much can WJSJ 105.3 be worth? am not sure if 100.7 and 94.1 was sold with any real state but WJSJ 105.3 has no real state what so ever. It does not have studios and they rent tower space so basically all you are buying is the license and transmitter equipment. Also station is not billing any money at the time.

Both stations were sold at stick value which is $4.00 per pop for commercial FM stations. Factor in the total population count within a station's 60 dBu service contour, multiply by 4 and you have a basic stick value.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom