On Air Salaries: Who knows what...? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On Air Salaries: Who knows what...?

Mickey37

Re: On Air Salaries: Who knows what...?

Quote Originally Posted by Member123

OK Gang, it's time to try to speculate a bit about what on-air people are making in Boston.

Below is a listing of on-air talent.....do you know any of their salaries?

Now please don't just take wild guesses. But feel free to pass along "what you've heard". Maybe you have some inside information on one or two people? Maybe you know got an inside tip about someone's salary?

If you believe you know for some reason, feel free to pass it along.

Again, don't just take wild guesses, but do share if you've heard something and believe you know.
    This is none of your business, nor anyone else's, including mine. What are you thinking, posting this? This post is shameful.

Ok Mickey, off the Primrose path and head back to Mayfield ok?
    On Air jocks are in the public eye, just like movie actors, music artists and professional athletes who's salaries always get reported and speculated upon.
    It's no shameful, not my interest but far from shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey37
    Quote Originally Posted by Member123

OK Gang, it's time to try to speculate a bit about what on-air people are making in Boston.

Below is a listing of on-air talent.....do you know any of their salaries?

Now please don't just take wild guesses. But feel free to pass along "what you've heard". Maybe you have some inside information on one or two people? Maybe you know got an inside tip about someone's salary?

If you believe you know for some reason, feel free to pass it along.

Again, don't just take wild guesses, but do share if you've heard something and believe you know.
    This is none of your business, nor anyone else's, including mine. What are you thinking, posting this? This post is shameful.

well is this really any different than when the globe or herald prints a salary of a boston radio or TV personality? norma nathan did it...so does the inside track. the globes celebrities page has does it too.

talking about salaries in the sports world is done all the time, with speculation about someone's worth, etc.

I find it amusing that this board that for the longest time has dealt with unsubstantiated and anonymous gossip is all of the sudden finding a conscience! lol

btw...the comment about minimum wage may be close to the truth!

and.u.r?

I agree with GenX and Keith.Radio people want to be looked at as celebrities until it comes to privacy about salary matters or even in some cases,criticism.Then they want to be looked at differently on a more personal level.That said,I don't think it behooves anyone to divulge the information but speculation and curiosity in this field is no different than any other where the members are in the public eye.You can't have it both ways.

Incidentally how long does Mix continue to be a 6 figure station when it comes to personalities considering their ratings?I don't think a different lineup would improve things and I don't think anyone there isn't doing a good job but do their numbers really justify them being anything but one of the lesser paying stations in Boston?

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel
    Minimum wage in MA is $8.00/hr ;D
    is not...I have the pay stubs to prove it...unless they bumped it up this year?

edit: I just googled it...I got a raise as of January 1st!

according to his myspace page, pete sheppard claims to make $250k+

i find that a little hard to believe.

$250k to read sport flashes and fill in for ordway a few weeks a year? doesnt particularly make economic sense.

Quote Originally Posted by blamethemayo
    according to his myspace page, pete sheppard claims to make $250k+

i find that a little hard to believe.

$250k to read sport flashes and fill in for ordway a few weeks a year? doesnt particularly make economic sense.
    for all intents and purposes, Pete is a co-host of the show, 'second banana,' if you will. He doesn't just read the flashes.
    The user formerly known as SonicAl
    Sonic Overload: punk rock radio--www.sonicoverload.net
    Every Wednesday on Stench Radio 6-8 PM eastern at www.stenchradio.com

Laurence Glavin

I believe Dave Faneuf makes the bulk of his income from the laundromat in Lowell.

Quote Originally Posted by GenXRadio
    On Air jocks are in the public eye, just like movie actors, music artists and professional athletes who's salaries always get reported and speculated upon.
    In the immortal words of Col. Potter: Mule fritters!

Just because someone is in the public eye doesn't make the terms of a private agreement between them and their employer (OKA their salary) subject to public scrutiny. It's no one's business but theirs. If they choose to disclose it, that's another matter entirely, but the public has no right to know it.
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

alan Partridge

I can gaurantee you that matt Segal makes well over more than 1 million. His contract 10 years ago was about 3million. Considering that the staion bills about 25 million and good piece of that is in the morning he can command that kind of salary. I also know the other Kiss personalities aren't paid big bucks and make a good part of there income from appearances and events.

However, there is no way Paula Street makes 130k. A mid day person who can be easly replaced doesn't make that much for 4 hours a day. I would say she is lucky if she is making 75k a year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast