• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

coe louis.what happened to her

Coe Coe is in the metro area, just doesn't need to work at this point. She's doing fine. :)

vonrollskyway1 said:
thats great.one of san diegos original rocker.

Coe is great and everything, but one of San Diego's original rockers? That's total nonsense.
She came around what in the 1980's? One of the first female rock jocks, maybe. But that's
not really even true.

doublecashkgb said:
vonrollskyway1 said:
thats great.one of san diegos original rocker.

Coe is great and everything, but one of San Diego's original rockers? That's total nonsense.
She came around what in the 1980's? One of the first female rock jocks, maybe. But that's
not really even true.

Women jocks were very rare before the 1980's and I think that even in the 70's there were almost none in San Diego radio - perhaps Linda McInnes at KGB (first wife of Jim McInnes) was the first rocker. Mary Curran (now San Diego Union writer Mary Curran Downey) was one half of the John and Mary morning show on 91X in about 79, but Mary had been a news person at KPRI and never really was what I'd call a rock jock and certainly not a rocker.

Coe went on the air in the late 1980's, but between Linda McInnes' time and Coe's, I don't think there were many other women on rock stations - Shanon Leder may have been around in the later 80's.

Coe was an AMAZING talent...but she got smart and got out of radio a long time ago and into real estate...when it was still a great field to get into. I've heard she has done VERY well for herself. You used to be able to see an ad for her business on www.sdradio.net

katy was great on 91x, mostly mornings with Bryan Jones (may he rest in peace) and I believe she worked with Russ T Nailz as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom