• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Does anyone remember CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG on THANKSGIVING?

Does anyone remember when the movie CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG was a THANKSGIVING EVENING TRADITION in prime time back in the 1970's? I don't know when it started and somehow I can't remember which network showed it but since the movie was produced by the JAMES BOND producers (as well as written by JAMES BOND author, IAN FLEMING), it might have been shown on ABC?

Yes, I remember that! I started to think I was crazy with that memory. We watched it after thanksgiving dinner. How many years did they show it?? Thank you for confirming it did really happen. :)

Does anyone remember when the movie CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG was a THANKSGIVING EVENING TRADITION in prime time back in the 1970's? I don't know when it started and somehow I can't remember which network showed it but since the movie was produced by the JAMES BOND producers (as well as written by JAMES BOND author, IAN FLEMING), it might have been shown on ABC?

Yes, I remember that! I started to think I was crazy with that memory. We watched it after thanksgiving dinner. How many years did they show it?? Thank you for confirming it did really happen. :)

I have vague memories of this, but my first viewing of this movie was on a Christmas trip to the midwest in December '68 via train. (Yes, train!). Horrific snowstorm in Chicago and we could not connect to the train to Grand Rapids. So to kill some time my family decided to go see this movie in a downtown theater. I wish I could remember the name of the theater, but was likely near one of the train stations...back then there were atleast two, maybe three.

Last edited:
It was on CBS for a number of years in the 70's around the holidays. I think it had something to do with Columbia Records having the music rights that got this particular United Artists picture on the eye network (most were on ABC around that time). CCBB was finally syndicated in 1980, and ended up on local stations.

I remember being a 9 year old kid and we'd joke in the school halls about seeing the movie, but there was an intentional consonant shift away from "ch". And here ends that little story.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom