• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

L. P. Ryan / Low Power Radio cited by FCC for selling pre-built AMT 3000

Timewarp said:
Dutch, Mr Fry will keep you locked in a word game on a sit and spin for months if you let him
________

"Timewarp:" What word game have I set and spun in my dialog on this subject with "Flying-Dutchman" (whatever are your real identities -- and why do you both conceal them)?

My posts in this thread have been coherent, and became more blunt only when their original content was not understood.

//

Just a guess? I'd think he's saying, we are off topic and going in circles. See the title of this thread...
And I didn't know I was hiding because a simple search on radio-info reveals who the Flying Dutchman is.
Need some more help? Here you go. http://www.radiowaves.fm/newspapers/Pirate/Indystar_12February04.shtml
http://www.google.com/search?source...WE,RNWE:2005-38,RNWE:en&q="bruce+quinn"+radio

I build licensed radio stations. Not just for myself but for many others. I helped Indiana University
build and license an LPFM. I am in contact with attorneys and engineers from the Commission on a
regular basis.

Thanks Mr Fry for providing the rule from the FCC that clarifies certification.

Now, back to topic. An FCC attorney explained it to me this way. If I hire a boy scout to
build the transmitter mentioned in this thread for me that is fine. But if he mails it to me?
Here comes the violation of LP Ryan. It's called shipping!!! . It's not that the transmitters
were dangerous as some have said here after they thought they had checkmated a
handicapped man.

My radio stations have belonged to the NAB and my State broadcasters association. I
have received awards. High ranking FCC officials have said publicly that I should be
proud of what i HAVE DONE. i HAD NOTHING TO GAIN BY POSTING ON THIS THREAD.
BUT, SOMEONE HAD TO SPEAK THE TRUTH!

I see there is no thread under Community radio, about building a licensed LPFM or full power
radio station. I will soon open this thread. Mr Fry and I can take our discussion there where
people will find us. Good Day to all!
Bruce Quinn
former owner, WKLU, Indianapolis

Ill tell you this. Ryan is probably one of the nicest people
i have ever spoken too. And i really appreciate what he does.
I never would have been able to Build that SSTRAN and i even broke it.
The SSTRAN is a rock solid Transmitter and it is practically impossible for it
to cause interference to any Public Protection Service.
So Thumbs down to you Hamilton.
How dare you do that to such a good person.

Like I have said many times before, I had reports that Ryan was telling people that they were fully legal using his uncertified transmitters he was selling, I didn’t say something about it until a customer got into trouble with the FCC with one of Mr. Ryans transmitters. I did not think it was right for Ryan to be telling people (who generally did not know the law) that they were fully legal when it was clear that they were not, and were getting in trouble for it. I though Ryan was just some assembly company. I also said something about another manufacturer that was doing some even more illegal things, a customer had been scammed by those people too.

So sorry, I felt I was doing the right thing. Of course no one wants to be publicly mobbed as I was, a mob is a nasty mindless thing. At the time I did not know that people would get the wrong idea and attack me for it, there are also a lot of nuts out there which is scary. In the future in a similar situation I would find another way to address a like issue.

Timewarp said:
A phone call to FCC engineers at 202 418 2700 has confirmed for me that type certified for Low Power licensed FM is indeed above and beyond type verification for other broadcasters. Type Certified LPFM equipment is verified plus. This means you can use the certified tranmitter at any licensed station. But you can't use the verified at a LPFM.

The result you report for your FCC contact on this is different than mine (see below).

Original Message to FCC: ----------

Received: 5/1/2008 2:51:23 PM
Subject: Certified Equipment Usable by Standard (non-LPFM) Stations?

Hello,

The FCC Rules quoted below state that a certified transmitter cannot be used by a standard Class A/B/C FM station, and a verified transmitter cannot be used by an LPFM station.

Is this literally correct in all cases?

Thank you,

R. Fry

QUOTE:

Sec. 73.1660 Acceptability of broadcast transmitters.

(a)(1) An AM, FM, or TV transmitter shall be verified for compliance with
the requirements of this part following the procedures described in part
2 of this chapter.

(2) An LPFM transmitter shall be certified for compliance with the
requirements of this part following the procedures described in part 2
of the this chapter.

FCC ANSWER (received June 4, 2008)

The rules mention no exceptions.

//

Thank God! The FCC did the right thing. They really are some pretty good guys. But, this
case has cost the low power movement the support of people like me.

looking for liam p. ryan

i am looking for liam p. ryan(i assume that is who you are discussing). if any one can give me his email or phone number i would appreciate it.

steve sulze
[email protected]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom