• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TOM KAMB IS DEAD

A

admanscott

Tom Kamb, former afternoon drive host for KLIF-AM from 1999-2000 passed away on Sunday morning, September 23. He was 42 years old.

Kamb, who had gone back into law enforcement after building a successful mortgage company in the Bay area, had complained to his parents and coworkers of a bad headache earlier in the day on Wednesday . Although it is not certain, it is surmised that he suffered a massive stroke, because when he was brought into the hospital, tests showed no brain function.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

Tom Kamb was my friend during the time we worked together and in the ensuing years. My wife and I and Tom were going to meet in Vegas next week to goof around and see some shows.

Tom Kamb was the most original, amazing talk show host I have ever heard, and I have heard the all, a great and true friend, and I, for one, will miss him a lot.

Tom Kamb, Tom Kamb Tom Kamb....you were the best.

Scott Anderson
Former midday host
KLIF-AM

Oh dear. :(

Way too young for that sort of thing. :(

R

Though I didn't care much for his show or his on-air antics (to me it was when KLIF "jumped the shark"), I'm sorry to hear the news.

I was fortunate enough to have work with Tom here @ KLIF. There's not just one word to describe him. But, I will say in my humble option like him or not, he was one of the most talented personalities I've had the privilege to work with or listen to. His passion definitely was over the edge at times. He wasn't afraid to confront any issue or person, when he felt it was in the best interest of AMERICA OR the AMERICAN People. Some personalities maybe one way on the air and another off. I can say What You Heard, Is What You Got! On and Off the Air.

I will miss my friend.

Tom Kamb, Tom Kamb, Tom Kamb

I also worked with Tom at KLIF in 2001. While he had a sharp edge on the air, he was one of the nicest people off the air, he and I would have the occasional conversation on varying topics from politics to gardening. I think the world needs more Tom Kambs, people who know there is a difference between the on air persona and the real world. I'll miss ya man!

:'( I had the privallage of working with TK in law enforcment over the past year. He had beome a very close friend of mine, a brother, a mentor, my trainer and he just meant the world to me. I will not only be a better Police Officer because of him I will also be a better person. I spent many hours in a patrol car with him, he frequently talked about his radio days never saying a bad thing about the work on the radio or the people. He loved it and loved the friends he made in radio this is what he expressed to me. TK you know I will miss you and wherever you have gone, if its to that big Radio in the heavens or patrolling the heavens we know you will be shinning down on us. I love you man I will miss you so so so deerly. Thank you for everything and I know you will be riding with me next time "paperless" goes 10-8.

Tom "TK" Kamb
Solano Community College Police Officer "24L2"
E.O.W. 09/23/2007
10-10

WOW. I seriously thought this was a schtick headline to garner attention. :'(

This is terrible news. I still remember him coming on air - brash, brazen and without a care in the world, save his own. I loved the guy. From Scott calling him the "Howard Cosell of KLIF" to Kamb calling a listener an a-hole on-air. Classic. KLIF needed him, Dallas wanted him and now we all miss him.

Speaking from someone who has experience with both radio and police department (six years with Arlington, fyi), this vexes me greatly. AJCOP, my heart goes out to you. KLIF is hurting because of this and I'm certain JDW will do him justice.

Godspeed, Kamb.

I used to hear him on the air here in Denver (either KOA or KHOW, I can't remember which). Jay Marvin on our local Air America outlet mentioned Tom's death.

My condolences to Tom's friends & family.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom