• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Barry's Cheerleader, and the cheerleader syndrome

mormandy1

Inactive
Inactive User
There was a time long ago when Barry Young was interesting. I guess it has been 10-15 years or so now, but it was once the case. Now he needs his cheerleader girl to chime in with her snooty comments, backing up most everything he says. God how I wish she would go away. But I guess Barry has lost so much passion he can no longer pull it off on his own. Just not enough to say.

Why do people like Barry, and the awful Tom Liddy, feel the need to have on air cheerleaders to parrot their every thought? What is the point?

At the least these dimwits could strive for some sort of "point - counterpoint", but no, they want cheerleaders.

Colin Powell once said "never hire a yes man, if you do, one of you will be redundant".

Why do these folks think this type of thing makes for interesting radio.

I disagree. Barry is an entertainer and he continues to jab with his quick wit. He's just a naturally brilliant guy with great, off-the-cuffs remarks and comebacks. I don't even agree with him half the time but he always keeps me amused and thinking.

Michelle has her place and she's very bright. However, she brings a horrible, elitist attitude to the show that's a turn-off. Listening to her talk of her Aspen vacation house, Doctor Husband and 18 cylinder luxury car is sickening, and I aint poor myself.

When her and Barry get on a snob-roll, they're shutting out a huge percentage of their listening audience, as not all conservatives claim as large a disposable income as Barry and Michelle.

JD Clover

100% Entertainment, even though the facts never get in his way. Listener calls not required. The Nearly Bald One beats Aunt Carlos hands down (sfx-four people clapping).

3 out of 4 denists surveyed would recommend the nearly bald one for their patients who listen to radio. ;)

Barry is an entity in this market.

Period.

He doesn't need a "cheerleader."

And "Cruella-Michella" Larsen AINT one (a cheerleader). She can hold her own with anybody else behind the microphone, and she has (have any of you heard her on air with Barry Marxon, or the formerly-in-Arizona-Steven Gregory?).

And together B & M just sound d@%* good.

Period.

John David

I haven't seen those call letters in a long time.

KJJJ, do I have some stories

Jay

Dr. Akbar said:
100% Entertainment, even though the facts never get in his way. Listener calls not required. The Nearly Bald One beats Aunt Carlos hands down (sfx-four people clapping).

:) Yes, I concur.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom