• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Australia has clever call signs too - just like the U.S.

Hi

Australia has some clever call signs - these off the top of my head. Just thought I'd share this with you : )

2AIR [107.9 Coffs Harbour]
2DAY [104.1 Sydney]
2DRY [107.7 Broken Hill]
4HIM (unsure of location)
2AD [1134 Armidale]
4YOU [98.5 Rockhampton]
2OOO [98.5 Sydney]

dxer2_2000

Of course, the number indicates the state.
There are eight of them.

I'm going to have to pay closer attention next time I DX a station from Oz. I can usually get them on SW in my afternoons (PDT) into Phoenix, AZ.

I still haven't got the accents down pat yet. ;D

landtuna said:
I still haven't got the accents down pat yet. ;D
From Oz to AZ!
What shortwave, do you mean the domestic service from the ABC?
I remember they transmitted either from or to Port Morresby, New Ginnea.
G'day!

ai4i said:
From Oz to AZ!
What shortwave, do you mean the domestic service from the ABC?
I remember they transmitted either from or to Port Morresby, New Ginnea.
G'day!

The last DX I remember doing did not have a station identifier. The two hosts were talking to a woman (over the phone I presume) from OZ to NZ - something about birds and flowers. I'll fire up the old receiver again this week and see if I can get it again. I think the frequency was in the 25 KHz range. IIRC correctly it was a Sunday AM in Oz.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom