• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It Aint Us

There's already a poser on this board claiming to be Nurse Jeff...but he/she aint the nurse who works for me. And we wouldn't be surprised to see someone post on the Master Bloggers page under our names. Again, it aint us. The Master Blogger reads this board and knows what Nurse Jeff (the real one) and I think about KT'R and what TMISU are doing to 92~Three, where Hip Hop used to live, and Sports Parking Lot 6~Twenty. This is the only place he'll get a freebie, otherwise it's our going rate and the Buckeye Media Hut is NOT a non-profit operation!

I'm sure the Master Blogger and every other PD hang on every word on this board to know what to do. :D

micman said:
I'm sure the Master Blogger and every other PD hang on every word on this board to know what to do. :D

They do. The Master Blogger and other noted programming folks are all over this board. They not only are aware that it's here, but read it regularly. A /few/ of the ideas on this board are better than just about every programming decision made by some PD's in this market.

Granted, one or so may frequent this board, but we flatter ourselves if we think
our ideas and opinions cause any changes in operation of stations.

This board provides the invaluable, free, "consulting" of ex engineering, sales and programming pros, who stir the pot with plenty of food for thought.

We really are Tuesday Morning Quarterbacks, but justifiably so, as many of us used to, or still do, play in the majors....and think we know what it takes to win.

Those of us who are in radio know, that everybody who is interested in radio reads this board.
Anyone in management would be foolish NOT to read this board.
The competition does!

Actually, I'd be surprised if radio station managers read this board. Many of the opinions expressed here have no evident pedigree -- many are slapdash, off-the-cuff pseudo rants that stimulate equal but opposite responses.

Like my own post here.

::)

Often, the posters who self-profess radio expertise are those who press an obvious agenda. Long time radio listeners (not in the business) can form very different impressions of the market, of any given station, and of any given personality or feature.

Some the "in the business" posters remind me of the fellows about whom Al Lohman (Lohman & Barkley, KFI) remarked mirthlessly: "Yeah, today there are a bunch of guys in suits all standing around telling us how lousy our show is."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom