• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Birmingham AL - Looking for a contract transmitter engineer

Transmitter Man

Inactive
Inactive User
Birmingham AL - Looking for a contract transmitter engineer

I have a friend looking for a local (Birmingham AL) engineer familiar will older tube transmitters.

Does anyone have any contact names/numbers down that way?

Thanks.

Phil

Re: Birmingham AL - Looking for a contract transmitter engineer

1120? I can't get the time off here in FL to get over there to look at thier Raytheon 1000. :-\

560 WGAI's engineer had the very same xmtr and a while back were selling parts. Bob was the engineer there.

Rocky W. Shore

It's getting harder and harder to find engineering help that actually knows something. It's just going to get worse when the older guys retire out. The industry is beginning to realize it, but they still are doing nothing about it. It's going to be be pretty interesting in the next 7 years or so....

OKCRadioGuy said:
It's getting harder and harder to find engineering help that actually knows something. It's just going to get worse when the older guys retire out. The industry is beginning to realize it, but they still are doing nothing about it. It's going to be be pretty interesting in the next 7 years or so....

Very true outlook...kids today aren't interested in radio. That makes it very good for those of us who live & breath these old rigs for as long as we want to keep playing radio. No clue what will happen after we take our rightful place on the beach.

Reminds me of those ads in magazines and comic books back when I was in high school......."Earn big money in your spare time, get your 1st Class FCC license in 6 weeks" mail order courses. I eventually went to tech school, got a couple of degrees and the FCC First Phone but never did manage to find that "Big Money" they kept talking about ;)

It was in the back office !

I worked in Birmingspam for a while some years ago. I'd suppose someone has a radio which hasn't been replaced since I was there? If they wanna pay my fee, I'll buzz over there. They can almost certainly find someone local for less money though - I'm far from cheap.
Since Dentici passed, I'd ask Frank Giardina to recommend someone, if he won't work on it himself.

Thanks for the feedback gentleman also for your recommendations Littlejohn.

My friend has been offered a new 500w BE TX and IMHO that's the way to go but as is common in the small market world either the funds are just not there or they're unwilling to invest for the longterm.

Bubblegum repairs spring to mind!

Phil
Transmiters 'R' us
http://www.transmittersrus.com

Uh, I'd hardly call Birmingham 'small market'. Top 50.

Our engineer is well versed in tubes. You would have to fly him in as we are in NJ but he's really good and reasonable in price. You can call me at (856) 497-4200. josh

Uh, I'd hardly call Birmingham 'small market'. Top 50.

It's a diary market, ranked 60th.

I would second the recommendation to contact Frank, though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom