• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tom Leykis 8pm - Midnight?? Doesn't make sense

pappy97

Inactive
Inactive User
I just saw on the 106.9 FREE FM website that Leykis will air in the Bay Area now from 8pm - Midnight on 1550 AM.

That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

When FREE FM brought Leykis to the Bay Area, they aired it taped from 7pm - midnight ( it is live 3pm - 7pm).

Then Free FM made it change in response to listener complaints. Apparently people were listening to the show if there was enough feedback to air it live.

But now as the Free FM talk shows get the boot to AM, why will Leykis air from 8pm - Midnight? Do they figure whoever demanded Leykis Live from 3-7 now won't follow Leykis to the AM dial here? Thanks.

Contrary to your belief, "listener demand" did not facilitate a move on FreeFm for Leykis from taped to live, that was the sole doing of Mr John London when he self destructed leaving FreeFM with a hole in the afternoons.

So I wouldn't expect "listener demand" will change anything for Leykis now that his mostly taped show is run on delay on AM radio.

Tom Leykis was very excited about the live clearence in S.F. so this is now a setback for him.

If KYCY clears Tom from 8 till mid, what about the weekdays when there are night A's games?

Clark Howard has also been cleared on the station so where will he be now?

The end result is that KYOU/KYCY 1550 Khz. has become a mis-mash of informercails, talks shows, baseball and a few remaining I-Pod music shows.

How about some opinions on the present status of this station?

Newsperson

newsperson said:
Tom Leykis was very excited about the live clearence in S.F. so this is now a setback for him.

If KYCY clears Tom from 8 till mid, what about the weekdays when there are night A's games?

The end result is that KYOU/KYCY 1550 Khz. has become a mis-mash of informercails, talks shows, baseball and a few remaining I-Pod music shows.

Newsperson

Garbage Dump?

newsperson said:

Newsperson

I think radio is in such dissaray and that there have been so many stupid ideas passing as programming lately.

Lykis belongs on a dope smokin' coke sniffin' fm station not a talk format especially on AM. These fm talkers are no talents. I will say Lykis is one of the better talents but he belongs on a station where dope heads listen.

Our firm has worked with the station in a sales capacity and I've been told Leykis would be on from 6-10pm, after a great hour of brokered financial.

newsperson said:

Newsperson

Flip it back to KKHI and people will be happy!

SFStatic said:
Leykis has failed 3 times in this market. When he is on or where won't matter...

Or as he would put it...

"DO YOU CARE?"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom