• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New KFRC Imaging

He's great with trailers etc. but his stuff here leaves me cold. He hits everything
too hard...too forced.

How do you judge? In a battle between a minimalist style imaging (consider KFOG) and this, does the "less is more" cliche win?

Is our headspace too cluttered to process this?

Do you think that KFRC is trying too hard to maintain it's "Image" when really they have a lot going for them already (read: killer content combo...jocks/music)?

Long story short, IMO it seems like some Production monkey is desperate to prove that he is worthy of one of those jumbo salaries that CBS has been known to dole out - even tho' he does seem to know his way around a mixing console. :'(

doublecashkgb said:
He's great with trailers etc. but his stuff here leaves me cold. He hits everything
too hard...too forced.

So this has what its come too? Talking about the imaging on KFRC. Oh, wait a minute, thats all there is! Haa..Haa...

Just another boring cookie cutter CBS station with no jocks to make a listener connection. Oh, thats right according to little Davey Eduardo, listeners don't like to hear djs.

Is this just an introduction thing? I hope so, 'cause the Magical Mystery Tour is a very quick burn.

Don't blame Beau. It is overwritten and over produced. Jack McCoy is probably writing these after being fed Scotch in a back room while listening his old "Last Contest" promos for inspiration.

tcsnrayp said:
Is this just an introduction thing? I hope so, 'cause the Magical Mystery Tour is a very quick burn.

Don't blame Beau. It is overwritten and over produced. Jack McCoy is probably writing these after being fed Scotch in a back room while listening his old "Last Contest" promos for inspiration.

It's a little early to tell. My guess, it's just an intro of what's to come. There are many voice over guys and producers to choose from but if Ocean said no, at least they went with an established VO Talent who has a history with the call-letters and a producer who is good at what he does and has a great reverence for what KFRC is... I'll wait before pronouncing judgement...

tcsnrayp said:

It does have the vibe of the Last Contest doesn't it?

KFRC needs to be bigger than life...not minimalist.

If you're gonna ride these call letters, then ride them hard and put em away wet.

How can most posters on this and others talk about the "return" of KFRC -- something much wanted and discussed for months -- and not find something positive to say about imaging, the calls, the present, the music, the "Magical Mystery Tour", Beau Weaver, Jack McCoy, Bobby Ocean, CBS ... anybody?

Does nothing make anyone here happy?

Ok, so, it's stunting maybe for a week (Memorial Day) maybe for a month. We don't have a clue ... so, let it play out and enjoy it.

Now, the "old" KFRC won't ever be again. No Dr. Don, no Bobby Ocean, no Les Garland, maybe, if we do remember -- we'll get lucky and an original 610 jock or two will return. And, oh yeah, don't count on Bill Drake being back. Maybe a few of the classic Johnny Mann and TM jingles, but other than that ... it's the "new" Classic Hits 106.9 K F R C. Let's live with it. We asked for it.

The post about the Radio-Info resident business professor/expert in residence -- now THAT was funny. And, true. Just for that, I beg a huge and growing share for KFRC, just to prove him wrong. Sorry, Dave(y).

If CBS wanted us to give it a shot, they'd have asked us by now. If Dan Mason took our calls, maybe we'd have him thinking about how we'd do it. I doubt if "a friend of a third cousin removed who met Dan Mason in Damascus" had anything to do with the change. Mason loves KFRC and, hopefully, other CBS botch-ups that he can correct and, if need be, resurrect.

That's all up to him, now. It's up to us to sit back and enjoy it ... "The Last Contest" type imaging and all. Nice memories for those of us who either competed against it or did our level best to copy it. That was, in this opinion, theater of the mind radio and, back then, it was great stuff.

Give 'em a chance -- and a hand for giving the majority of people who post here something they really want.

Now, if Dan Mason would only do the same with "Jack" in New York and get oldies out of the cavern that is HD2.

Bring it on KFRC. Good luck.

And welcome back.

oaktree said:
How can most posters on this and others talk about the "return" of KFRC -- something much wanted and discussed for months -- and not find something positive to say about imaging, the calls, the present, the music, the "Magical Mystery Tour", Beau Weaver, Jack McCoy, Bobby Ocean, CBS ... anybody?

Does nothing make anyone here happy?

Ok, so, it's stunting maybe for a week (Memorial Day) maybe for a month. We don't have a clue ... so, let it play out and enjoy it.

Now, the "old" KFRC won't ever be again. No Dr. Don, no Bobby Ocean, no Les Garland, maybe, if we do remember -- we'll get lucky and an original 610 jock or two will return. And, oh yeah, don't count on Bill Drake being back. Maybe a few of the classic Johnny Mann and TM jingles, but other than that ... it's the "new" Classic Hits 106.9 K F R C. Let's live with it. We asked for it.

The post about the Radio-Info resident business professor/expert in residence -- now THAT was funny. And, true. Just for that, I beg a huge and growing share for KFRC, just to prove him wrong. Sorry, Dave(y).

If CBS wanted us to give it a shot, they'd have asked us by now. If Dan Mason took our calls, maybe we'd have him thinking about how we'd do it. I doubt if "a friend of a third cousin removed who met Dan Mason in Damascus" had anything to do with the change. Mason loves KFRC and, hopefully, other CBS botch-ups that he can correct and, if need be, resurrect.

That's all up to him, now. It's up to us to sit back and enjoy it ... "The Last Contest" type imaging and all. Nice memories for those of us who either competed against it or did our level best to copy it. That was, in this opinion, theater of the mind radio and, back then, it was great stuff.

Give 'em a chance -- and a hand for giving the majority of people who post here something they really want.

Now, if Dan Mason would only do the same with "Jack" in New York and get oldies out of the cavern that is HD2.

Bring it on KFRC. Good luck.

And welcome back.

Excellent post! I agree, let’s enjoy it and see where it goes. In many cities there are heritage call-letters that will never return. Let’s be thankful that KFRC still "lives on" on the airwaves. It's lived on in our hearts and minds and many thought it would never be again, but here it is! Yes, no Bobby Ocean and that's sad, but I'm sure there were good reasons, so CBS went for someone else with KFRC history, and may change their imaging voice again in time, but at least they went with a pro and not some hack...

No Bobby Ocean, OK But lets not bring back Cammy and Ron either, CBS its time to listen to us, and make the right choices PUT JOHN MACK FLANAGAN ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kenny in Concord

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom