• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Questions about 100.1 The Pike in Worcester market

About KC101, they even use(d?) Hartford in their legal ID, I heard it last April, and do live broadcasts and appearances in tandem with their sister stations in Hartford and Waterbury.

I haven't listened to KC101 in many years. When I did -- back in the '80s -- you'd never hear Hartford mentioned at all. The legal was "Hamden/New Haven" and the station was positioned as a New Haven station. WKSS (Meriden/Hartford) was all Hartford, all the time, no acknowledgment of the Elm City at all.

I live next door to Worcester and can get The Pike all over Worcester and most immediate vicinity. However, when I hit I-290 heading east, I start losing the station pretty quickly and it's a lot of static for me by the time I hit I-495. WORC-FM, 98-9, which is a Nash Icon format, doesn't get nearly that far. I'm not a country music fan so I don't punch them in at all but I did on occasion before the format flip from Oldies. It was always nice to hear the legendary Dave O'Gara whom I used to listen to when he did mornings on the original WORC-AM 1310 back in the day. And I can hear WXLO pretty much anywhere I travel (along with WSRS).

98-9 morning guy Adam Webster does the morning news for both sister stations The Pike and WXLO. Occasionally, when Adam is off, WXLO's Jen Carter will sub for him. Last week, 98-9's Mark Veau subbed for Adam. I've even heard Dave O'Gara subbing with the news. And if you are in for nostalgia, the one and only Bob and Zip (from the early 1980s WAAF morning show days) do a weekly live show every Saturday from noon to 4.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom