Last Song Suggestions for a sign off
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Song Suggestions for a sign off

Last Song Suggestions for a sign off

I'm bringing to a close my morning show that I've had for a few years and I'm looking for a good song to play for the "last song" of the show. It's a Top 40 station so I'm looking for something not too far removed from the format.

PirateRadio

Re: Last Song Suggestions for a sign off

Well, I guess this one is out of format, but Andrew Gold - Thank you for being a friend is a great one to close your show with. Because, your listeners where your friends, sharing every single morning with eachother.....

"Time Stands Still" by Gary Lewis and the Playboys, the B-side of Everybody loves a Clown.

.."And when you're tired with all this roll and rock, I'll still be thinkin of ya, and I'll still sing this song...

I hope you can find a copy, this song is far better in retrospect than the A-side.

No one would ever expect it, that's for sure. Top 40 artist, 40 odd years ago.

Valparaiso Technical Institute 1982, Analog engineer, AM pt 15, inventor with 2 issued patents, former SW pirate. Now offering antique radio repair/restoration and alignment.&nbsp; Stop just wishing that old radio worked!<br />AM1620 podcasts -&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; http://thomasjwells.podomatic.com/

"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" by Monty Pyton (Eric Idle)

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben
    I'm bringing to a close my morning show that I've had for a few years and I'm looking for a good song to play for the "last song" of the show. It's a Top 40 station so I'm looking for something not too far removed from the format.
    Say Goodbye - Chris Brown

"Goodbye Goodbye" Oingo Boingo
    "So Long Baby Goodbye" Blasters

"The End" Doors

hammondo

Carly Simon - Anticipation

The bulk of my career I have worked Country, but even when I worked Oldies and Hot AC I played "Turn Out The Lights The Party's Over" by Willie. Seems to make a statement no matter the format IMO
    One hundred years from now, who will really care about this?

When I worked for KAZM in Sedona AZ (overnights) I was cleaning the studio and kicked a hole in the wall. I had just whacked my head and I mean WHACKED! my head on a shelf and reacted like a boob (my bad!). I wrote a note to the PD saying I'd pay for everything but deep inside I knew he'd be a douchbag and fire me. So I typed up my resignation and picked Air Supply's "Goodbye" as the last track of the morning (4AM hour). I even timed it out to have 3 seconds of silence before hitting the legal-ID cart. Sure enough, the DB said I had to resign and I told him where he could find my LOR in my drawer at the station.

Rarely does a DJ get to say goodbye, I'm glad I did! In my own way!

P.S.: I did leave the door open only to have Herr DB slam it in my face. :-P
    My iPhone is my Digital Radio, and with LTE & WiFi reception is always good.

Happy Trails, Van Halen!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast