Last Song Suggestions for a sign off - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Last Song Suggestions for a sign off

If I had a show, and I want to finish it, I would use Semisonic's "Closing Time" (a little overused, though, by stations ending their old formats), Boyz II Men's "End of The Road", or NSYNC's "Bye Bye Bye".

Easy, the Last goodbye by Jeff Buckley. Buckley dived into the Mississippi River 20 years ago fully clothed and died. His father was also a singer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMXjunSx80

The one departure I got to make was not original but one I heard years before when AM 570, now KLIF, in an earlier time had been a top 40 WFAA. With a change of format at Midnight, the jock simply said "Sometime, someplace, somewhere, we shall meet again on the radio". For me, I said the same and played Happy Trails "Happy trails to you until we meet again".

In the 70s, WCAS in Cambridge had a string of rotating sign-offs including Fred Astaire and Submarine. How about playing the late great Jack Lalanne singing "It's Time To Leave You?"

I'm thinking Turn Out The Lights, The Party's Over" by Willie Nelson or Good Night Sweetheart, Good Night by The Spanials...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234