• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CBS5 and Randy Kollins.

desertskies

Frequent Participant
I've noticed his absence during this sweeps period and he has been replaced by the new traffic girl at CBS5 for weather?
She is so green (figuratively speaking), her chroma levels are making my TV set buzz.

She announced during the recent cold wave that the storm would pass fast and "be out of the Arizona area quickly".

I appreciate what the station on Black Canyon is trying to do, but as Clint would say "a man should know his limitations"
Her traffic reports aren't much better.

It's not a money thing! It's a management thing. Look at the talent these clowns have lost over the past few years, Jon Dupre, Jeff Kelly, Mike Harvey, just to name three.

On Thursday Steve Garry was on. 'Traffic Girl' Julie Durda was on Friday. I also thought Julie was a little rough maybe because she didn't have a good chance to prepare. According to KPHO.com, Ms. Durda has a degree in Meteorology.

As I mentioned on this board twice, Randy Kollins isn't a good morning guy. He is a little too stiff. He would do well on weekends. He also used to 'uhmm' a lot. He isn't on the website so they must have gotten rid of him.

Speaking of KPHO.com, this is how they list (rank) their anchors: Dana, McLaughlin, Anaya, Sullivan, Chamberlain, Wofford, Crites. The reporters are in alphabetical order.

brian4 said:
Speaking of KPHO.com, this is how they list (rank) their anchors: Dana, McLaughlin, Anaya, Sullivan, Chamberlain, Wofford, Crites. The reporters are in alphabetical order.
I wouldn't read into that (at the least, try not to).

brian4 said:
Randy Kollins ... isn't on the website so they must have gotten rid of him.

Always good to quote myself :D Even better to print a retraction :-X

Kollins is still with 5. He did the weather this morning.

desertskies said:
brian4 said:
I wouldn't read into that (at the least, try not to).

I read a WHOLE lot into that. That is considered the current pecking order at CBS 5. It is probably the SALARY order as well.

formeraa said:
It is probably the SALARY order as well.

If it's the salary order (I think it is) I feel bad for Sullivan and Wofford who have been at KPHO the longest.

This is getting weird. Here is CBS5's morning show weather reports:
Monday: Kollins
Tuesday: Kollins
Wednesday: Steve Garry
Thursday: Julie Durda
Friday: Durda

brian4 said:
On Thursday Steve Garry was on. 'Traffic Girl' Julie Durda was on Friday. I also thought Julie was a little rough maybe because she didn't have a good chance to prepare. According to KPHO.com, Ms. Durda has a degree in Meteorology.

Just a slight correction: kpho.com says that Julie is STUDYING to get her degree in Meteorology.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom