• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best Cincinnati Disc Jockey Between 1960-1970

You could a service like yousendit.com, where others could download the files, there is an aircheck collector board on this site, or, donate reelradio.com, which charges a membership fee for the privilege of hearing their collection, or radiotimeline.com could be another possibility

RossMcGarrett said:
Dusty Rhodes on WSAI 1961-1966. Does anyone remember the shift he pulled the night before WSAI went country on August 20th, 1978?

Also, I have converted a bunch of old Cincinnati Radio airchecks from the 70s (including the above mentioned) into .WMA and .mp3 files and would like to post them somewhere. Suggestions on the best Internet depository for old airchecks, jingles, even old spots (wanna hear some Tresler Comet 60 sec spots)??

Yes, it is on http://www.reelradio.com

I'm gonna have to go with Freddy Five Fingers. He used to spin the wax like no other.

do you still have any of the tapes from wube or wsai?

Bobonthe job, I agree with you. I think those days are gone. (WUBE was at 1230 on the dial, WSAI was at 1360 back then)... When WUBE cut power at night, I couldn't even pick it up in Milford, much less Owensville. I have many of hours of tapes that I recorded to take back to college from those years, and still love to listen to them

If you still have any of the tapes of wube and wsai, would it be possible to purchase any copies from you. I had several that burned in my house fire. it broke my heart to lose the last connection I had to the greatest time of my life.

7 years between posts. That's quite a spread.

That said, nice to read through the thread.

Can't believe no one mentioned Rich King, one of the many greats who made a stop or made Cincinnati their home. In the late 1960's, Rich was on WLW.

If you still have any of the tapes of wube and wsai, would it be possible to purchase any copies from you. I had several that burned in my house fire. it broke my heart to lose the last connection I had to the greatest time of my life.

Sorry, I haven't been on this site for a while. BobontheJob scoped hours and hours of my tapes and they are available on this site

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom