• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fantastic word game

On radio is where I spent sixteen years of my life until I finally realized that it was not fair for me to keep telling my friends that I'm on the radio when I was just sitting on a radio and not actually broadcasting on one.

One of these days, LARR, your contributions are going to go on and on and on for so long that you'll forget where you were and all we'll see is your brain splatter from punnage overload.

And, really, who wants to see that. Hope no one is eating while reading. :D

A mess on my walls and floor will be cleaned up immediately once you report the mess to the housekeeping department.[/b]

We have Mrs. LARR and the little LARR's on retainer and on call to clean up anyone's LARR-related punnage splatter.

The housekeeping department probably doesn't assist in the search when they hear, "I'm sorry, I must have lost my head", and so as the moral of the old story goes, perhaps it is best to quit when you are ahead.

The playoffs were attended by several of us who called in sick even though we weren't really sick, and as soon as the boss found out, we wound up attending our layoffs.

Today's Fun Factoid: The World Series began in 1884 and initially involved the first-place teams of the National League and the American Association. Since 1903, the World Series has featured the top teams of the National League and American League. And I still have no idea how anyone can justify calling it a World Series!

Layoffs may occur at my company very soon, even temporarily, if the saga involving a local grocery store company isn't resolved very soon.

Anyone following the story of the DeMoulas Market Basket chain here in northern New England? It's made national news for pete's sake. I've already been forced to take personal days yesterday, today, and tomorrow due to lack of work because customers have sided with employees and not shopped the stores. I have a strong feeling I'll be off next week as well.

Very soon I'll hear my neighbor Larry Moon sing a merry tune to his girlfriend, Terry June, beneath the cherry moon.

I'm not sure what a cherry moon is...but it made another rhyme so I'm okay with it. :)

The U. S. Navy may be contacted to try to lure quadraphonic back to the fold because all other measures have thus far failed.

All other measures have thus far failed to get quad back here so maybe if we spend more time talking about Megan McCormick and Olivia Newton-John, we might just get his attention.

All other measures have thus far failed, and it might be because our friend is no longer among us; however, with the right combination and a good set of lock picks you never know who will just have to make an appearance.

An appearance and attention by Olivia or Megan or Olivia AND Megan would certainly bring quadraphonic back to our family so I'm going to let him know via a certain social network that they are coming by tomorrow.

dmargalotti and Miss Silkie both posted simultaneously (and at the same time) so I used both their ending clues. I chatted with quad a week or two ago about coming back and he assured me he would do that but, alas, nothing so far.

They are coming by tomorrow to check the posting timer, since dmargalotti's post was ahead of mine by a minute, but did not even appear after I had posted mine, so while they are checking on the posting timer, the interns will dial up quad for a word.

As long as we know he is okay, we know that he will arrive when he is doggoned good and ready...because we also know that nobody does what he does half as well as he does it.

The interns will dial up quad for a word of explanation about his prolonged absence from The Fantastic Word Game (HIRM as fans of penultimate letters prefer) and I know that they're each hoping to get a piece of clothing that says "Quad went to Wherever and all I got was this stupid t-shirt."

Since I don't know where quad was, I used the word "Wherever," and if it turns out that he really was in a place called Wherever, I'm going to freak out!

Back
Top Bottom