• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fantastic word game

We go to the game store to spend a wee bit of money to buy a Nintendo Wii and then we can happily exclaim "Wii, Wii, Wii" all the way home.

"Honest, Mom, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a very educational game!" :)

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, some people say; I prefer to think of it as the last day of my life so far.

The glass is neither half full nor half empty; it's simply too big...

Tonight, I will be relaxing and getting ready for tomorrow night's Dave & Kenny's 80s Rockfest at Illusions.

Speaking of Kenny, his appearances here have been fewer and fewer. I'm thinking of cancelling all free publicity for the Rockfest until he shows himself more regularly. Even slightly more regularly would be ok.

Illusions gained fame and notoriety after MarcB donated sixteen tons of Walmart bottled water to one of the owners on whom he discovered he had a crush after dissing her and then learning that she was somebody of import, and not one of the usual suspect types.

In other good news, we don't have to worry about converting that now you see it, now you don't currency for the winter band campers paying tuition for the winter session in Scotland. Thanks to our international band camp director for keeping a close watch on that campaign.

The usual suspect types always try their best to weasel their way into band camp but we know who they are and what they are trying to do so they are always stopped before the get-go.

Happy TGIF! Happy Weekend!

They are always stopped before the get-go when the go-getters try to get tickets so they can go to a Stan Getz concert because they still haven't learned that the famous tenor saxophonist died in 1991.

I wonder if Stan Getz ever played Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets?

In 1991, while Stan Getz was among the celebrity deaths of that year; some future celebrities born that same year include pop star Ed Sheeran, Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, and Australian Rules football star Steele "Rusty" Sidebottom.

Probably not, but as every Laurel and Hardy fan knows, whatever Ollie dishes out, Stan gets!

Steele "Rusty" Sidebottom has not been a guest here at band camp possibly because I've never heard of him and also because the kids, like most of us, prefer Megan and Olivia.

The kids, like most of us, prefer Megan and Olivia, although we are referring to Megan McCormick and Olivia Newton-John and the kids think we're talking about Transformers star Megan Fox and Disney Channel actress Olivia Holt.

The ol' "generation gap" is alive and well!

Wildly, General Lee went into the wild in the hope of locating and capturing General Grant but his search proved fruitless and he was never able to land Grant.

Well, that pun will certainly not make the top-ten list!

Land Grant's tomb as the answer and you would land twenty-five dollars from Groucho Marx.

You're right, that pun was pretty bad, General Lee speaking...

You're dead computer might still have some usable parts that can be recycled so instead of throwing it out, please drop it off to our band camp IT department or call extension 1253 to arrange for a convenient pick up time.

Pick up time varies from day to day but you can rest assured that your recycled computer will be put to good use by Darth, Robin, Bruce and the rest of the IT boys but only at the Radio Insight version of the Fantastic Word Game (FWG as Miss Silkie prefers but TFWG as the lovely young library interns and I prefer).

The Radio Insight version of the Fantastic Word Game (FWG as Miss Silkie prefers but TFWG as the lovely young library interns and I prefer) does not get as many posts as the Radio Discussions version of the Fantastic Word Game and I feel that the reason is that many of us do not check the Radio Insight site very often and it remains "out of sight, out of mind" while the Radio Discussions site is the "in" place to be and can be considered as "the 'in' site."

To me, Groucho was more famous for his movies than for his tv quiz show. Now, as for that line about "you're dead computer".....well, I think the problem is obvious.

Back
Top Bottom