• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fantastic word game

The Pipeline was a short-lived talk show hosted by Popeye in which the sailor promised to discuss all things pipe, but it was shut down after complaints to the FTC that Popeye was advising all callers to fill their pipes with Popeye (TM) spinach.

The regulators apparently couldn't stands no more.

Spinach in a can was the wave of the future in Popeye's day, but then the first band camp lounge was opened, and we all learned many recipes for fresh spinach, starting with a lovely spinach salad antipasto.

A lovely spinach salad antipasto always made for a delicious meal until my aunt, Anty, did some research and discovered that spinach can contain toxic chemicals and now Auntie Anty is anti-antipasto.

Mister WMC, either half of "Mike-FM" can be a separate word but both halves of "nitty-gritty" can not. "Gritty" can be used without "nitty" but "nitty" can not be used without "gritty." And I don't know if I should try to guess how you "viewed" Miss Silkie. I'm afraid the answer may involve either a knothole or a pair of binoculars and I prefer to think clean thoughts. :)

Antipasto is not one of my favorite foods.

No, no, nobody spied on Miss Silkie. What happened was, for quite awhile after she started here, we thought she was a guy. She started her internship from off-campus so none of us had met her in person and we all just ass-umed she was a guy. Shame on us. When she finally relocated to the PowerWorld Central, boy were we ever embarrassed!! Isn't that just a hilarious story?? :D

Foods that are my favorite include Italian and Mexican cuisine and many others, but one I like is the prime rib at The Texas Roadhouse.

Floor show featuring samples of all the latest linoleum from Armstrong, Mohawk, Mannington, Shaw and Tarkett is taking place now through Sunday in building 3 at the annual Home Fair at the Gotham City Convention Center.

Mister WMC, I'm shocked that you thought Silkie was a man. And wasn't there someone here who thought Sweetie Pie was a woman? Sweetie Pie is a male. I don't remember the name of the guy who thought he was female. Errr....harrumph. Let's just move on...

Convention Center conventions include doors, lots of floor space and a big sign in front telling you what the building is called.

That is, if you're talking about a conventional convention center.

The building is called the Convention Center because conventions are held there, or at least that's the conventional wisdom.

Do you, Silkie, take Sweetie Pie...

Wednesday was when WMC posted post #31370; in fact, it was 27 minutes into Wednesday, but we shall overlook the oversight, seeing as how the rabbit broke the watch given to him by the Queen of Hearts.

The watch given to him by the Queen of Hearts sounds like something Juice Newton would sing about.

Juice Newton would sing about "The Queen of Hearts", although we all know that it was not a song sung by Olivia Newton John.

Hey there, Kenny. Long time no see. We figured you were grillin' and chillin' for the ballgames, whatever kind they were.

A song sung by Olivia Newton-John was played softly over the high school's public address system to relax the students while they took their history final exam but, just five minutes after the students completed the tests and turned them in, the principal observed activities that made him regret that he didn't pick a different song besides "Let's get physical, physical..."

Those impressionable teenagers!

"Let's get physical, physical...", would have been better substituted with "White Rabbit", hoping that the students had followed the advice of the doormouse and fed their heads with knowledge.

"Not good enough," complained Boris Badenov to Natasha Fatale after his latest plan to capture Moose and Squirrel failed because his bomb was not big enough, his knife was not sharp enough, his ladder was not tall enough and his disguise was not convincing enough, so he consoled himself by eating a plateful of potatoes romanoff.

Okay, I'm done now and I'm signin' off.

Back
Top Bottom